When are the battery issues going to be addressed for my Droid razrmaxx hd since the kitkat updat??
FLwaterman

The reason I purchased a droid razr maxx hd was for the excellent battery usage.  I was very happy with it till the kitkat update.  Now I have virtually no battery life, when before I could go at least 3 days.  I took it in to the local Verizon store and they were very nice, and tried the factory reset - spent a couple of hours -  no help.  I have tried to remain patient, assuming with so many documented problems that a fix would be in the works -   I'm running out of patience.  I would be happy if you could just come up with some way to go back to jellybean.   I am unable to use the phone for more than emergency contact, and have to keep it on airplane mode for the battery to last at all.  Please help!!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: When are the battery issues going to be addressed for my Droid razrmaxx hd since the kitkat updat??
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Have you disabled any of the bloatware on the phone such as Backup Assistant, Smart Action etc....? and which version of Google Play and Google Play Services are you running?  The versions of Google Play Services that were released with KitKat had some issues with excessive Battery Usage. Of you click on menu>Battery and see ANDROID OS as being the top usage of battery it is this issue and you should change the services version.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: When are the battery issues going to be addressed for my Droid razrmaxx hd since the kitkat updat??
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Have you disabled any of the bloatware on the phone such as Backup Assistant, Smart Action etc....? and which version of Google Play and Google Play Services are you running?  The versions of Google Play Services that were released with KitKat had some issues with excessive Battery Usage. Of you click on menu>Battery and see ANDROID OS as being the top usage of battery it is this issue and you should change the services version.

0 Likes
FLwaterman

Thanks - Sorry I took so long to respond - Recovering from back surgery.  Yes I checked my memory usage and the OS and google play are the hogs.  I am running google play version 4.9.13     How do I change the services version? 

0 Likes