What is the red exclamation point in the top icon bar?
vanlap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I assume it's bad and it won't go away.

I have tried restarting and removing/adding my google account.

(LG G3)

Labels (1)
Re: What is the red exclamation point in the top icon bar?
Tidbits
Legend

Share a screenshot?

B33
Legend

If it's in the battery it means your battery is at it's lowest and needs immediate charging..

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Could mean no service or lost connection to vzw network

vanlap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't actually know how to take a screenshot on my phone, but I found this from the Sprint LG G3 user guide.

excl.pngIt appears in the extreme upper left corner of the screen.

The guide says:

Problem With Sign-In Or Sync – There has been an issue with your connection to the Google server, or you were not properly signed into your account. In order to use Google application or sync features, you must set up and sign into an active Google Account.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vanlap

Sorry to hear about the unexpected alert! I'd love to get to the bottom of this and make sure it's resolved. Are you having any issues with any of your Google services or apps? You can also take a screen shot and share the image right on your screen like this: http://vz.to/XFUFQW

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

vanlap
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Ruth, here is the screenshot. I haven't noticed any Google service/app issues, but I haven't been using much beyond gmail and photos.

Screenshot_2014-09-21-15-51-13.jpg

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you pull down the notification shade and find out what the icon was for?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vanlap
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't know there was a notification shade, though I did think it was a little odd that there was no further explanation of the icons.

So the notification is "Network may be monitored by an unknown third party". Tapping on this leads to a list of "trusted credentials", which includes something that I installed. So as far as I'm concerned the mystery is solved. Thank you Ann for the helpful key question.

0 Likes
lolam1946

I just joined this discussion; I also got this "network may be ..........party" icon/message today.  Will you please tell me what you were told?  I'm kinda thinking I should go to my Verizon store and have them check it out.  Thanks.

0 Likes