Want to forward the message to 7726 (SPAM), can't find how to do that on HTC DNA. Long press or 3dots have no option to 'forward'.
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cannot find how to forward a spam message (to 7726) on HTC DNA. Long pressing on the text from the text list does not bring up any option to forward, neither does clicking on the 3dots menu from within the text. Can anyone help me here? Perhaps this is device specific. Thanks!

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Want to forward the message to 7726 (SPAM), can't find how to do that on HTC DNA. Long press or 3dots have no option to 'forward'.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbdraft,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this particular spam message to our attention and we definitely want to help. Taking a look at HTC's website we see the exact same instructions as far as forwarding the message http://www.htc.com/us/support/droid-dna-by-htc-verizon-wireless/howto/313859.html. You may be able to start a new message to 7726 and then within the message provide all the details of the spam message such as the mobile number and message contents.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Re: Want to forward the message to 7726 (SPAM), can't find how to do that on HTC DNA. Long press or 3dots have no option to 'forward'.
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

This is not an answer but just adding more information to my original posted question:

On the All Messages screen, in the 3dot menu, there is a Tips & Help option. Clicking that reveals a 'Forwarding a message' tip. Following the tip instructions did not produce any option to 'forward' - even a message from one of my contacts on my phone.

The tip reads:

1. On the All messages screen, tap a contact (or phone number) to view the exchange of messages with that contact.

2. Tap a message, and then tap Forward.

3. In the TO field, fill in one or more recipients.

4. Tap the message sending icon.

So . . . I still need help with this on my HTC DNA (running 4.4.2)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bbdraft,

We certainly appreciate you taking the time to bring this particular spam message to our attention and we definitely want to help. Taking a look at HTC's website we see the exact same instructions as far as forwarding the message http://www.htc.com/us/support/droid-dna-by-htc-verizon-wireless/howto/313859.html. You may be able to start a new message to 7726 and then within the message provide all the details of the spam message such as the mobile number and message contents.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I know when I had my Thunderbolt on an active line, I opened the message conversation first. Then I would long press the specific message to get the dialog box with the option to Forward the message. HTC wouldn't have changed the process for the HTC Droid DNA.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dialog box does not have a 'forward' option. That is the problem.

0 Likes
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the reply. The instructions from the HTC website are indeed the same as Tip instructions - but again, this doesn't work with any existing contacts on my phone and of course, I didn't add the suspected spammer as a contact either! Perhaps the Tip/website instructions became obsolete with the OS update to Lollipop 4.4.2??? I'll try the email route. I don't keep mobile email enabled on my phone for security reasons & always use the web browser. Of course, doing so disables using many of the email link options (returns error message: 'no email accounts found'.

0 Likes
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Oops - make that Jelly Bean 4.4.2

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Screenshot_2015-09-13-17-28-30.pngScreenshot_2015-09-13-17-25-30.png

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It should look like either of those two images. One is from the HTC Thunderbolt and the other from a Motorola phone running Android 4.4.4.

0 Likes
bbdraft
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes, but not on my DNA - honestly, I was very thorough and careful. Only 3 options appear with a long press: Delete, Call or Open Contact. Even if I open the contact, go to Thread tab and press on message there - NO option to Forward is present.

0 Likes