Voicemail greeting is gone after phone was replaced. Is there any way to retrieve it?
tawch

Hi, my girlfriends mother's phone broke a few weeks ago and had to get a replacement phone. Just last night someone called her and she wasn't able to get to it to answer and was texted that her voice mail was not set up. For 12 years she had used her late husbands phone number to keep his voice mail greeting for her and her family to be able to still hear his voice. Before the replacement she asked if everything would transfer over (didn't specify the voice mail greeting unfortunately), but was told yes, but the voice mail greeting is no longer there. Is there any way the old voice mail greeting can be retrieved? She tried calling support and I think they tried a few things with no luck, but I was wondering if it was at all possible for her to get that old voice mail greeting back. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail greeting is gone after phone was replaced. Is there any way to retrieve it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tawch,

This certainly does sadden me to hear that this happened to your family. I can understand the importance of wanting to keep something from a late family member and hearing that this is happening is very unfortunate. The voicemail messages should indeed transfer over from phone to phone as well as the greeting. Unfortunately if it has been erased, we have no way of retrieving it to have it restore to the phones voicemail system. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused during this time.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Voicemail greeting is gone after phone was replaced. Is there any way to retrieve it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
tawch,

This certainly does sadden me to hear that this happened to your family. I can understand the importance of wanting to keep something from a late family member and hearing that this is happening is very unfortunate. The voicemail messages should indeed transfer over from phone to phone as well as the greeting. Unfortunately if it has been erased, we have no way of retrieving it to have it restore to the phones voicemail system. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused during this time.

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes