Visual voicemail showing up like dial-in voicemail on new LG K20 V
davempls

My mom and my dad both got LG K20 V phones and we added them to our family account. Both are working fine except my dad's is correctly showing the visual voicemail (list of messages, listen on phone with play button, etc.), but my mom's phone is making her dial into voicemail each time, and doesn't show a list of voicemails on the phone. They both launch the same default Verizon voicemail app on the phone, and as noted they both have the same phone (LG K20 V).

The only thing my mom and dad don't have in common is my dad moved to our Verizon account from Sprint, and my mom had already been a Verizon customer before she moved to our account, using a "dumb phone" (flip phone). What could be the problem with her voicemail?

Labels (1)
Tags (4)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail showing up like dial-in voicemail on new LG K20 V
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you checked your MyVerizon account online and verified that both lines have the basic visual voicemail feature on it?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
davempls

Thanks for the reply.

My Verizon shows all of the services we have on our phones, but basic visual voicemail is not noted anywhere even though everyone has it (and is using it) except for my mom.

I really think the problem has something to do with the fact that my mom previously had her own Verizon account with a no-feature flip phone. But I could be wrong too. It's just odd that we got my dad the same exact phone at the same time and his visual voicemail is working fine (?).

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The basic visual voicemail feature listed under products and features on your MyVerizon account online. You can also check the Block Services section to see if there is a block on any of the lines.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
davempls

Thanks again. On our account under the Apps and Features tabs, visual voicemail is not shown. There's only a listing for Premium visual voicemail under optional apps, along with all the other stuff (HD voice, etc.)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the update, Davempls. Would it be okay for us to send you a private message through here to look into this with you? It may be an issue with how the line was setup or a feature that we have had blocked on the account. We want you and your family to have full access to all the features and benefits that we offer.

JoshuaT_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
davempls

That sounds fine. It may be a limitation that was on my mom's original account that transferred over when she transferred to ours.

0 Likes
snowkilts

Hi, did anybody come up with an answer on this?  I am having the exact same problem with my Note 5.  Basic VVM is not listed either in the Free or Premium section of the Products and Features section of the website (Premium VVM is listed for $2.99).  There is no block on VVM.

Also the VVM app is not on my phone.  I tried to get the VVM app from Play store but it said the app was "not compatible with my device".  Thanks!

0 Likes
davempls

No, it has not been solved yet. Someone in customer service wrote and asked for our info so s/he could look up our account and try to solve it, but we still haven't heard back.

0 Likes
lbfreem

I'm having this exact same problem with my Moto X.   I'm waiting to hear what solution they come up with.

0 Likes