Vibrate Silent Ring Mode Annoyance on Casio GzOne Commando
coltswalker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a Casio GzOne Commando Android phone.  To unlock the phone it is necessary to swipe a symbol on the screen to the right. Swiping to the left changes the phone from audio ring to vibrate mode, and repeat swipe reverts back. 

Problem: I am constantly missing calls because the phone ends up in silent ring vibrate mode.  I never use this mode intentionally.  I can only assume it is happening while the phone is in my pocket.  This is dreadfully annoying because I miss calls.  I am considering it a design flaw.  This is a critical issue to me.

Can someone advise of a way to completely disable silent vibrate mode?  I will never use it, and would just prefer it was not an option. I want the phone to make an audible ring when people call me, always.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Vibrate Silent Ring Mode Annoyance on Casio GzOne Commando
coltswalker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Replying to my own thread with a solution for others who may be interested.

I found an app on google play called "Ringer Mode Locker" by kaa.  With the app, the swipe to vibrate will be override and prevent the phone from being silent.  Tested and works with this phone (Casio Commando).

I recommend the app.

link:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tostada.android.kondouEx&feature=more_from_develop...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There is no way to completely disable silent mode, though you could look through your lock screen settings and see if there is a way to disable that slider.

0 Likes
coltswalker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Yes I would like to disable the slider.  So far cannot locate said parameter within phone settings...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

IIRC, you press, from your homescreen, menu> settings> customize> lockscreen, but I don't have that phone, so it's just a guess.

0 Likes
coltswalker
Enthusiast - Level 3

I express my appreciation for your attention to my thread.  After a thorough search though the settings I conclude this phone offers no such option. 

0 Likes
coltswalker
Enthusiast - Level 3

Replying to my own thread with a solution for others who may be interested.

I found an app on google play called "Ringer Mode Locker" by kaa.  With the app, the swipe to vibrate will be override and prevent the phone from being silent.  Tested and works with this phone (Casio Commando).

I recommend the app.

link:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.tostada.android.kondouEx&feature=more_from_develop...

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You're welcome, I'm just here to (try to) help.

0 Likes