Re: Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
txdawg,

That's definitely concerning that the phone just reboots on trying to install this update! It sounds like the update is failing for some reason. Has this happened multiple times? Do you back the phone up? http://vz.to/16bLoV6

AndrewT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5
txdawg

I probably didn't describe the issue really well.  When I clicked to install the update, the phone would do the normal reboot & go into recovery mode like it should do install the update, but instead of automatically continuing with the install at that point, it was hanging on the recovery mode options screen.  If from that screen I selected to reboot, it would reboot like normal, without installing the update.  Not sure what was going on.  I did it like 4-5 times with the same result.  Later in the day I happened to have my phone connected to my laptop when I tried it again, and for whatever reason, it actually installed it normally that time, so I do have the new version on the phone.  So far it seems better than the previous 5.0 release, but it's still not "right".  I haven't noticed the phone just hanging nearly as much nor have I seen SMS messages hanging on send like I was (yet).  I also haven't noticed the phone just completely dropping my wireless signal like before either.  But I am seeing the phone start getting hot far too often, and it seems like when that happens, the battery starts draining abnormally fast. Not as often as I was seeing with the previous 5.0 release, but not "right" either.  Still early to say how much better this build is than the other one, but so far it at least seems somewhat better as the phone isn't CONSTANTLY getting hot & battery draining quickly.  Less frustrated now than before, but I still think KitKat was a more stable/reliable build at this point.  I'm hoping this is the first step in the right direction to getting 5.0 right on the S5.

0 Likes