Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

It's been a bumpy ride for those waiting on their Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update. Especially those who own Samsung S5  devices.  Is this that answer that Android S5 Owner have been Waiting For? 

You Post Here and give YOUR results, once the download is available to you and installed.

https://www.androidheadlines.com/2015/03/verizon-begin-their-android-5-0-lollipop-update-for-the-sam...

Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5 | TechnoBuffalo              

http://www.sammobile.com/2015/03/28/verizon-reissues-lollipop-update-for-galaxy-s5/                   

Advanced Devices Software Updates | Verizon Wireless

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon restarts Android 5.0 Lollipop rollout for Galaxy S5
stef7
Master - Level 2

Who knows, it's not clear what has materially changed (except the install). Where are the details?

And there's version confusion:G900VVRU1BNLC, then G900VVRU1BOA4, and G900VVRU1BOA8 and G900VVRU1BOC4 Huh?

Then there's rumors that if you've gotten the OTA previously, you aren't a candidate to get this one.

Can your contact at Samsung shed any light on this crazyness?

arod412
Enthusiast - Level 3

hmm...the technobuffalo website is speaking about a new build number G900VVRU1BOA4.

My phone build number is G900VVRUB0A8. Can someone explain on what is the major differences with this newer build?

afcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

As I type this my S5 is upgrading with the supposed "hotfix" to all the disastrous issues I encountered with the Lollipop update. It is currently "optimizing my apps". I will post here my experience with this new update. As far as I am concerned, anything is better than the original Lollipop S5 update from Verizon that drained my battery dead within 5-6 hours everyday and basically took my S5 from being the best phone to the worst phone I have ever had. Let's see what happens.....fingers crossed.........

afcc
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, it has finished installing the update. It might be too early to tell but so far I am cautiously optimistic.  I did a quick wipe of the cache just for good measure after the update and rebooted the phone.  It appears to be running much quicker and much smoother than before.  The real test will be to see if the battery life is once again restored to normal.  So far, so good! Smiley Happy

govaflow
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well guys lets not get excited this new updates still hasnt resolved the camera horrible audio quality , now the onscreen volume display its on the side looking hidious... , bluetooth audio quality sucks big time , im not including headphone quality that has always sucked on galaxies but aniways im not yet pleased with lollycrap. Such a huge dissappintment from verizon .

Here is a picture of how the volume looks like (( excuse my grammar this aint an english class post ))

Screeenshot removed for profanity as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

1. For now disregard BOA4 / BOA8  build number, their still is some build number issue that may show up. Normal new OS always goes up in numbers but they are working on this now.  2. You are still a candidate for the "new" download but at a little longer wait time if you already installed the first ver. 5.0. KKat OPs will get the so-called clean "new" 5.0 first and than the others. They want to run it first on a clean working KKat OS, somewhat like a test drive. 3. The craziness is still changing as Samsung/Google as a small quick fix ready to go. I will update  later this week if possible.   hope this will help, and craziness is not the word for this bad sideshow.    Galaxy Class

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1
Less than a minute ago

1. For now disregard BOA4 / BOA8  build number, their still is some build number issue that may show up. Normal new OS always goes up in numbers but they are working on this now.  I will update  later this week if possible.   hope this will help, and craziness is not the word for this bad sideshow.    Galaxy Class

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Give it a full three days to adjust all the OS and battery but keep posting.  thank you

0 Likes
txdawg

So I have the plagued G900VVRU1BOA8 version installed & got the OTA alert that a new version is available to install (G900VVRU1BOC4).  When I try to install it, it goes into Recovery Mode but doesn't automatically do anything else - it just stops at the recovery menu.  I clicked the power button to reboot the system (afraid to tell it to do anything else), but that literally just boots the phone back up & I get a message that the update failed when it's all the way back up.  Should I be doing something different from the recovery menu to get it to actually install the new 5.0 update?

0 Likes