Verizon needs an ANSWER 4 The Samsung Galaxy Fold
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

The Samsung Galaxy Fold has been Re-Released by Samsung and is now being sold in The United States, but it's only being offered EXCLUSIVELY by AT&T. The Galaxy Fold has a hefty price tag of $1980!!  Since this phone is EXCLUSIVE only to AT&T; Verizon doesn't have any phone in their lineup that can compete with the features and specs of the Galaxy Fold.

There may just be a phone that can compete with the Galaxy Fold. This phone is created by LG and It's called The LG V50 Thin-Q (model # LMV-450VMB). This phone is already currently being offered EXCLUSIVELY by Verizon. But this isn't the model I'm referring to; the model I'm referring to, isn't even sold in the United States. This particular LG V50 Thin-Q (model # LM-V500N) is only being sold in South Korea. This Korean version has all the great specs and features of the US model, and it also comes with an attachable Dual Screen Adapter. This Dual Screen Adapter easily attaches to V50 frame and allows it to become an INSTANT Foldable Tablet. This phone is AMAZING!!...But for some reason, LG refuses to sell it in the US. The Korean V50, costs $839, and the Dual Screen Attachment, costs $185...That's still way cheaper than the $2000 Galaxy Fold!! This phone is probably THE BEST AFFORDABLE OPTION to compete against the Galaxy Fold!!

Since Verizon already has the exclusive right to sell the US Version of the V50, It would be a smart move for them to convince LG to release the Korean Version (along with the dual screen attachment), to be sold EXCLUSIVELY by Verizon in the US....Verizon could even beef up sales by Re-Branding it as: The V50 Thin-Q "S"...Hopefully, the management at Verizon will listen to my suggestion and make it happen.

For more information on the Korean Model V50, see link below

https://youtu.be/zybZHfRfPRk

0 Likes
Re: Verizon needs an ANSWER 4 The Samsung Galaxy Fold
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

https://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/g8x-thinq-dual-screen?cmpid=Email_MU_MH2_Launch_20191021_MU_G8X_...

It seems that LG will now be releasing a new phone in the USA, called the G8X-Thin-Q, and this phone also comes with a Dual Screen Attachment.  I believe this phone is being released by LG, due to the Back-Lash LG has received for NOT RELEASING the V50 Thin-Q (Korean Version)  in the USA.  I personally can't wait for this phone to be released....Hopefully Verizon will get this phone!!

For more info on the LG G8X Thin-Q....See Attached Link Above...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Unfortunately if you scroll to the bottom of the LG G8-X Link, It says the G8-X will only be available on AT&T and Sprint...The good news is you can still buy this phone UNLOCKED, the bad news is: While UNLOCKED Phones are great, because they don't have any Gig-Hogging Bloatware from the Carrier....Unlocked phones almost NEVER receive any updates from carriers....This is the Carrier's way of punishing the purchaser for not buying the phone thru them....

So BEWARE...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

GOOD NEWS!!....On 11/29/2019 I purchased the LG G8X Thin-Q Unlocked, at Bestbuy for $699.99 ($250 discount)!!  I haven't had the time to set it up yet, due to work and Christmas Shopping, but I can't wait to turn it on; will try to give you guys an in depth review of this phone, once I'm done playing around with it.

Curious; has any other Verizon Customers purchased this phone?  I just want to know your thoughts/opinions on this device...Please Feel Free to Share...

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

My Review of The LG G8X Thing-Q

This is The Best Dual Screen Phone for the Money!!...It's way cheaper than paying $2000 for a Samsung Galaxy Fold. Plus, this phone gives users the option of attaching & detaching the Dual Screen & switching from Dual Screen mode to Regular Single Screen Mode; the Galaxy Fold doesn't offer this option, but it costs twice as much. This phone is The Best AFFORDABLE & Practical Alternative to the Galaxy Fold. This phone is a Multi-tasker's Dream, I was able to watch a movie on the Dual Screen while simultaneously checking my emails on the main screen. Also, the Unlocked Version works PERFECTLY on the Verizon Network!! The phone comes standard with: 6.4 inch Screen, 1080p Resolution on Main Screen, 128g of Internal Storage. The only Minor Issue I have with this phone, is that the screen resolution on the Dual Screen isn't the same 1080p as the main screen, which makes images viewed on the Dual Screen less vibrant than the images viewed on the main screen.

PROS
6.4 Inch Screen
1080p Resolution on Main Screen
128g Internal Storage
6gigs of Ram
Easy to Use Dual Screen Attachment

CONS
Dual Screen Resolution isn't 1080p
No Real Adequate Protective Case for Dual Screen Attachment

Currently this phone is on sale for the holidays for $700, and I urge everyone to get it before the sale ends and the price jumps back to $989!!

0 Likes
JOG0277
Contributor - Level 3

Comparison of:  LG G8X Thin-Q vs New Samsung Galaxy Flip-Z.

The Samsung costs $1400 while the LG only costs $900...The specs on both phones are almost identical except for: The LG phone having a better camera, and the Samsung phone not having EXPANDABLE STORAGE ....The LG Phone is still the Better phone for the money!!

LG G8X ThinQ vs Samsung Galaxy Z Flip - specs comparison - PhoneArena
https://www.phonearena.com/phones/compare/LG-G8X-ThinQ,Samsung-Galaxy-Z-Flip/phones/11221,11320

0 Likes