Verizon Orders Note 2 From Samsung Stripped Down
froman408
Enthusiast - Level 2

So, I call to find out why my hotspot won't connect to a laptop and I get transferred to 3 Verizon techs.  They couldn't answer the question so they called Samsung for support.  After talking to two Samsung techs they finally transfer me to the top guy.  He says the hotspot isn't an application that they put on the phone so I need to contact Verizon.  It would've been nice if the first Verizon rep knew that.  Ridiculous.  Oh, and nobody can figure out why I can't connect to a laptop.  Good times.

While on the phone I decide to ask the Samsung rep why the Verizon model is stripped down compared to it's competitors.  Come to find out, according to the Samsung rep, Verizon orders the phone from Samsung and tells them how they want it equipped ( I can just imagine that conversation...Samsung please remove your calendar widget and other widgets from your phone before I will sell it on our carrier...let me fill it with our bloatware, brand it as our own, oh yeah remove the Google apps from an android phone so they can't be used with the multi-task view, and please remove other features and settings so we can sell our customers a stripped down version).  Samsung allows Verizon to take off these features, settings, and widgets at their disposal.  It's so disappointing to know we have a stripped down version of the baddest phone on the market. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes