Re: Verizon Nexus 6 straight answer
Tidbits
Legend

When Verizon starts selling and the next update happens we'll see who's correct, and so far if you read a lot of people who have read the policy has taken the same stance I have on the policy.  Also if you think otherwise take it up with Google Groups to get clarification from Google if you wish.

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

The one common theme is tidbits manages to get under someone's skin in every thread he posts in. Now to find the post where he admits how he got the sim. Dude, we get it you own more phones than the average person has underwear. We also get you are a dev or work for a dev. But if you don;t have anything but your own opinions to give out that are negative or contrary to an ongoing thread please get out! If you want proof of something posted to prove someone wrong go search it yourself and prove them wrong. Again, you are proving what you really are.

I want the device for the Motola build quality and antennas. While lollipop is a nice addition, I am more concerned about the device being supported on the cellular network and more concerned about getting updates that would effect how my phone interacts with the network versus OS updates. I may be the exception to the rule but that is my prerogative.

Tidbits
Legend

You are the one jumping to conclusions and putting things in your own head.

I already stated how I got the sim more than once.  I told them I bought a phone that requires a nano sim, and I requested I pick it up in store which was granted.  Also like I said you failed to read...  Was my first response where you tried to twist the words and eventually ended up with your assumptions.  This hasn't changed, and EID are in the system and it works on Verizon.  It just can't activate the sims because the activation payload is proprietary and it isn't on Nexus devices at this time.

Re: Nexus Six for Christmas

0 Likes
milidad
Contributor - Level 1

Plenty of people have taken the stance on both sides of that issue. Google

has not, as of yet, clarified.

You seem to be leaning towards getting people to think the best of Verizon

when they have done anything but in the past.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually if you actually read though what I have said over the past 4 years(since I have been here) you'd know I don't always think the best of Verizon.  What I expect like which you have claimed to have done... If you don't like what a company is doing don't support them.  Just move to another carrier...  Talk with your money, don't throw the loyalty card(this is nothing but a marketing tool).  I say the same things on other customer boards including AT&T's own boards.

Right now the proof that it works on CDMA shows that it does have the EID in the system.  Updates so far everyone has gotten for all unlocked and unbranded versions regardless of what carrier it is used on.  Sprint version downloads their proprietary activation payload as soon as you put in a Sprint sim, but it will work out of the box without activating like on Verizon(unless you bought it from Motorola, but Sprint is working to put Motorola EID's into their system).  This doesn't happen for Verizon do to them not selling it yet.

So take what you will and have a great day Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh I have said this before too.

My personal lines are all T-Mobile.  They work for me here, and what I do for personal use.  I use Verizon for my job because well we travel a lot and they are hands down the best overall coverage.  AT&T we use as well, but in certain regions where Verizon is lacking.  Sprint can...  just a whole lot of expletives and anyone out my workplace will say the same.

I was with Verizon with my personal lines until 3-4 years ago(been a while) when the plans started getting better and I noticed T-Mobile reception has gotten better to the point it was more cost effective for me to switch. 

0 Likes
reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

TB crop.JPG

In your own words. You activated to your account with the Note 3 that had an IMEI in line with Verizon's system. Then you popped into Nexus 6. Geez! You still don't get it do you. There is no difference from what you did than someone getting a Nano sim shipped on a fake IMEI number.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Dude go back up and read...  You the one proving me correct...

The IMEI is used for activation, but once you swap the sim card it'll read the new IMEI...  If it didn't then the system wouldn't kick back you "unknown" device argument you've been using.  So let's spare the thought a second.

So scroll up and read my first response.  It'll work but it can't activate as unlike the Sprint version which downloads a payload the Verizon does not for activation as of yet.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Oh for future reference. Join HTC elevate program and get into one of their device testing programs. You'll see that you can't activate the Sims in them but you see in the system it'll say HTC_beta device or something similar in that regard.

Just because it says unknown device doesn't mean the ID is not in the system. Verizon may have not given them a name. What matters is the ID be in the system to allow CDMA to work for those devices.

reb0957
Contributor - Level 1

Stop changing your story and playing on words.

In your own words prove Verizon has the IMEI's! Instead of spewing your opinions!