Verizon NFL App - Notifications while Disabled
grimmangel

Hey everyone, hoping someone can help with this. I saw a couple old threads about this without a solution for this but nothing current.

I've got the Verizon NFL app on my phone which I like to use periodically to stream live games, but I get a ton of push notifications for twitter feeds and breaking news and other random information related to the app that I don't want. I've disabled all notifications within the app every location I can find and I still get notifications daily, and it gets more frequent as the season goes on.

I do want notifications for game start and final score for my favorite team, so I don't to completely remove notification permissions from the app, but I can't figure out why I'm getting push notifications for functions that I've explicitly disabled still.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon NFL App - Notifications while Disabled
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grimmangel, We want to ensure you can remove any unwanted ad notifications from your NFL Mobile app. We welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. As the NFL Mobile app is now wholly ran by the NFL and no longer by Verizon since the end of the 2017 football season, there may not be an option to disable those notifications without stopping them all since the app does advise it contains ads when viewing it in the Play Store. What Android phone do you have? Do you have an option under Settings>Apps>NFL for Notification in which you may have a Miscellaneous option?

EbonyR_VZW

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

grimmangel, We want to ensure you can remove any unwanted ad notifications from your NFL Mobile app. We welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. As the NFL Mobile app is now wholly ran by the NFL and no longer by Verizon since the end of the 2017 football season, there may not be an option to disable those notifications without stopping them all since the app does advise it contains ads when viewing it in the Play Store. What Android phone do you have? Do you have an option under Settings>Apps>NFL for Notification in which you may have a Miscellaneous option?

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
grimmangel

Hi.

Thanks for the reply. I have a Moto Z2 Force. I just checked the settings area and the miscellaneous box was checked. I've disabled that option and we'll see what happens. Will reply with findings. Thanks for the info.

0 Likes
grimmangel

It appears that was the setting I was looking for. Thank you very much. I didn't realize that they could hide in app settings in the general Android options for notifications. Sneaky.

Thank you again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glad to hear that did the trick Grimmangel. If you need any additional support we are here! www.vzw.com/support. - AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes