Re: Verizon Location Agent?!
kldupree
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have tried all these things and more. Even had a person in a Verizon store set it back to factory reset. Nothing gets rid of the problems! Even had a replacement phone sent to me and 30 minutes after activating get same thing. The Verizon Location Agent is the most aggravating of all but I also get a "slow charging" message while charging with the charger sent with the phone and get a "message not sent" notification every time I read a text message, reply to a text message or answer a phone call. This phone is crap!

0 Likes
jake1337
Enthusiast - Level 1

You will have to delete the app its the only way

0 Likes
kldupree
Enthusiast - Level 2

There isn't a way to delete the app and it is not one that I added anyway. All you can do is a force stop and that doesn't even work.

0 Likes
jake1337
Enthusiast - Level 1

It can be and has to be i had the same issue,  it only takes minutes to fix

<< Comments edited to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service; discussion of rooting/hacking, discussion of moderation removed >>

0 Likes
noinfo4u

I follow your instructions, and I find that the app in question cannot be found in the playstore or in my installed apps. I got this phone today and immediately denied location information, resulting in this problem. You can forget screenshots because I'm not lying and I don't know my way around the phone enough to do it.

You don't let us disable it, and now support directs me to a store where both the followed instructions and the search function can't find it?

Forget bloatware since it's needed for things to function IF you want to use them, but sounds a lot like forced-ware to me. If you don't want people to hack it just hurry up and fix it.

0 Likes
Ha14d
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am using a HTC One M8 - Lollipop.  I found it this way. ...

Tap phone Settings.  Tap Location; V L S was listed under "RECENT LOCATION REQUESTS" along with other apps that have asked for location info, like my satellite radio app and Maps.  Tap the V L S.  I was able to uncheck Show Notifications and I also Disable the app.  I'll add that I had just used the Google Maps app and you can get to the same page through the Maps app by tapping the three horizontal bars in the top left corner, tapping Settings, and then Google Location Settings.

0 Likes
bonjonthegreat

My wife has had the Hydro Elite for the last 18 months and has had the "Verizon Locator Agent" nag window pop up very frequently, and at some of the most inopportune moments.  She also has been unable to answer phone calls because of this very problem.  Every few months I try to do some more research to figure out what can be done about this great annoyance...here's what I've found.

1) It's preloaded, on this and other devices.  Here's the link to the full list: Precision Location Fix Requirements

2) With that said, YOU CAN'T REMOVE IT WITHOUT ROOTING THE PHONE.  I won't discuss how to do that, but there is no way for you or a Verizon agent to permanently disable/remove the application while maintaining the Verizon and Kyocera warranties.

3) It happens at multiple locations, in multiple settings, for unknown reasons.  Oddly enough, our phone records don't show the hundreds of SMS messages that are reportedly being sent.  So I'm not too sure how this is being tracked.

Until Verizon enables support techs to remove or disable the app somehow, I can't endorse this phone.  Get yourself a new device as soon as you can.  I'm sorry the news I found isn't good, but maybe the link I posted above will help steer you away from similar phones.

Message edited as required by the

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
wlkmn4
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine just started doing this last week . Dozend of Verizon Location Agent sending a large amount of SMS messages . Allow or Deny ? Why did this start now ? I got the phone for Geocacheing useing the gps . Now this screen had ten messages I have to deny or ok to get to my main screen .

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I disable the Vzw Location Agent.  It is used to let you know when you are near a corporate store and even when you enter one as well, among other things.

B33
Legend

I remember that one..