Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Defective Charging Port
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Philkanz,

We always want to help! I know how important it is to have a device that works properly. Are you using the original charger that came with the device? Does the charging port appear to be loose? Are you eligible to upgrade? You can file an insurance claim on the device if your warranty has expired. You can also contact Samsung directly to see if there is additional repair options Samsung 1-888-987-4357.

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport 

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Galaxy Nexus - Defective Charging Port
alc482

I have had the exact same problem with my Samsung Galaxy.  It appears that ether Verizon is selling refurbished defective phones to begin with or Samsung is distributing substandard phones with design or production issues.  Sounds like the perfect con game.  Verizon has be aware of the issues with the phones that are being returned.  Why else would they have so many refurbished phones?  I had my phone for less than 12 month when the charging port stopped working.  My phone was replaced with a 'refurbished, 37 point quality checked, like new' phone.  Now less than one year later my charging port is broken again.  Ironically, each time it happens, it's a weekend, so I am without my phone for several days.  Even though they guarantee next day shipping, they don't guarantee next day delivery.    So the last time it took 5 days to receive my phone.

I think Verizon should replace defective phones still under warranty with a brand new phone immediately from their stores.  If Samsung is distributing defective devices, Verizon is able to get those devices replaced or a full credit.  Why do I have to accept a refurbished phone?  If Verizon is willing to stand behind the quality of the products they are charging several hundred dollars for, then their policy needs to change IMMEDIATELY.  Sounds like both companies need to be investigated.  Sounds like deceptive business practice.

I will not be renewing my contract.  Thankfully it's over this year.

0 Likes