Verizon Data Plans - Are They Unlimited?
marafiotic
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been a VZW customer for about a year and a half now, and I joined right before the iPhone 4 was available to the network, which my contract included an unlimited data plan for $29.99/month. Is it true, as Sprint advertises, that Verizon cuts the data speeds at 2.0GB, even if you have been grandfathered in to the unlimited data plan? I never really noticed my data speeds hindering, but I never hit anything higher than 3.5GB - 4.0GB in a month. Is it only 3G unlimited, or is 4G included as well? I would like to know this, because I may enable the mobile hotspot feature on my account. Thanks for the info!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon Data Plans - Are They Unlimited?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has a Data Optimization policy. I don't have access to the link at the moment, but a quick search of the Verizon Wireless website should find it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless has a Data Optimization policy. I don't have access to the link at the moment, but a quick search of the Verizon Wireless website should find it.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

marafiotic
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the answer! I read that it only includes 3G, and, at this time, does not include 4G LTE. I think I'm going to enable the mobile hotspot feature now! I get 25 MB/s on 4G LTE here in the NYC area.

0 Likes