Verizon Cloud Contact backup deleted all contacts on my phone?!
pipsqueakurs

I recently upgraded phones and used the Verizon Cloud back up app to restore all my previous contact. Since it was a new phone, I wanted to purge all old and outdated contacts I had in my phone and took the time to do so - removing well over 100 contacts.

However, for some reason the contacts I deleted appeared shortly later. Thinking it was because it was a new device, I removed the 100+ contacts again. I went through this multiple times. Each time my Verizon Cloud showed that I had not removed the contacts, and was constantly restoring my contact list to over 300+ entries. I then turned off the 'Sync' feature for contacts in my Cloud app.

I finally went to my Verizon Cloud account and removed all the contacts listed there, after I had trimmed my contact list on my phone - hoping that after cleaning up my physical phone's contact list, I could re-back up all my contacts to the Cloud. Of course, once I deleted all the contacts on the Cloud app, and then hit 'Sync'. INSTEAD of uploading the cleaned list of contacts on my phone to the Cloud app, it DELETED all my contacts on my phone. I did not ask for it to 'restore' contacts.

I am extremely unhappy about this, and maybe I missed something - but this is not what a 'Cloud' does. I am extremely disappointed that I now need to refer to my old phone to manually add my list of contacts to my  new phone. If there is an easier way to rectify this error, I would be extremely grateful to learn about this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Contact backup deleted all contacts on my phone?!
tbo27
Master - Level 2
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Cloud Contact backup deleted all contacts on my phone?!
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

Go into Verizon Cloud on your computer. Restore the contacts from the trash can then re sync. Then change all contacts to Google contacts and make sure Google is set to sync and they will sync with google. Then delete them from Verizon and disable Verizon Cloud on your phone.

0 Likes