Re: VZW customer support: When will you fix Galaxy S5 Lollipop upgrade?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

What would you do if there were no such thing as smartphones?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I would keep a daily paper journal of foods, times, levels, and such just like with diabetic routines.

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Agreed. Although technology is a good thing there is nothing better than pen and paper. Electronics can fail easily. Paper only fails due to water or fire. I don't keep any health or other critical info on electronics. Call me old school if you want but at the end of the day I feel better.

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I agree, technology is good when used with common sense (not old school at all) but will never replace a person.

vmvblock
Enthusiast - Level 2

If there were no such things as smartphones, I would use a calendar.  But there are smartphones and if you travel as much as I do, it is much easier to carry a phone, than a calendar. 

PBD
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are right, it is not a verizon issue... but who can scream louder?  Me or Verizon!!  Let the screaming start.  I want my phone to work like the original  promotions promised.  No hot battery, no drain of 60% in 3 hours, no lag in screen loading, no pause in app loading, no contacts stop working every 4 hours.  Come on.  Gather the voices here and make some progress in the 'fix'.  My provider should have my back - because that is who I pay!

Tidbits
Legend

Ever wonder why Europe gets more updates more often and quicker?  Simply because as a collective group they have more power than their carriers.  They affect the bottom line of companies simply by not buying their products.  Look at what happened to Motorola.  US sales numbers were fine, but overseas It plummeted.  HTC same thing happened.  Now look at those two companies as terms with updates, and customer care in general.  Just some food for thought.

You actually pay the manufacturer for your devices, not the carrier.

Snn5
Legend

True, carrier makes no money off the phone itself, but they need you to buy it so that they can sell you service and manufacturers need carriers to market their phones.  And, of course, we need phones so that we can play games and download apps on them.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Actually they don't, but because people blame them for every little thing even if they have control or not is the reason why they do.  Might as well have more control IF people are going to blame you for everything.  Europe shows how it's done right, but no one wants to do it that way because people here in the states often expects other people to do it for them.

Klue
Master - Level 1

Verizon and the rest of the cellular companies should get out of the business of selling phones, and concentrate on providing the network services. I bought my flat screen from Samsung, not the cable company. I bought my laptop from HP, not the internet company. I bought my landline from Costco, not Century Link. Consumers should be able to buy what they want and use it on a compatable cellular network, then when problems arise you work directly with the manufacturers to correct.

Just my two cents, but who knows is a decade or so it might happen.