VZ Navigator Help Needed...
mortthebeast

Ok so I have a prepaid phone through one of the typical providers but not through Verizon... but it uses the VZ towers. Now some months ago I had this cheapy phone given to me that cost like $20 or something and when I moved from Ohio to Arkansas I used VZ Navigator and though I thought the pricing was a bit much... the APP was fantastic. Now I have a $180 smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Proclaim) and when I go to the App Store I cannot find a version of VZ Navigator that will work with my phone. They all say Compatible but once installed it says its wrong version.

Im going to be moving from Arkansas to Pennsylvania.. slightly over 1000 miles and boy would I give my right arm to have VZ Navigator directing me. Anyone know of a compatible version? I thought this would be a one size fits all application and baffled why a cheap phone can run it but not a smartphone. I guess I could try installing every available version to see if any work, but figured I might get a quicker response here.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: VZ Navigator Help Needed...
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, VZ Navigator can only be installed on Verizon phones due to Play Store limitations (as requested by Verizon). There is a version specific to each phone and, honestly, IDK why.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mortthebeast

Problem is that my silly provider has not only a monthly data limit of 2GB, but also a daily limit of 100mb and from what I have read... quite a bit of data is used with the Google Maps (which I believe thats what your referencing) and over 1000 miles and downloading maps as I go could end up having my phone shut off lol and thats all I need. I tried Sygic Navigation and its not bad... but one feature it lacks is what I liked about VZ... upcoming turns. Sygic doesn't announce your turn until your almost on top of it, where VZ warns you in advance so you can make sure to be in the lane needed. Imagine being on a 5 lane highway and when you get to the exit you need to get off at... your Nav App says... turn here! LOL yea ok... Im gonna scoot across 5 lanes in a flash.

So yea... need VZ or something that at least warns you ahead of time about an upcoming turn and also one that you can download the maps. Google you can download some offline maps but its very limited... I think like 10 miles or something.

0 Likes
mortthebeast

Anyone know if there is a way to contact someone that handles the APP development, to see if there is a working version for my phone?

0 Likes
mortthebeast

Nobody?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Unfortunately, VZ Navigator can only be installed on Verizon phones due to Play Store limitations (as requested by Verizon). There is a version specific to each phone and, honestly, IDK why.

0 Likes
mortthebeast

Ah well appreciate the response. Real shame cause I really like the APP and it served me well getting from PA to OH and then OH to AR. Guess Im gonna have to deal with the lessor funtioning Sygic app Smiley Sad

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Also remember, Maps can now download maps for offline use.  Not sure if that will help for this long of a trip, but it's probably worth looking into.

0 Likes