Upgrade assistant
Bud33

I have a New Illusion and my FIRST Smartphone.

I had it connected to the Computer yesterday and it asked to download the upgrade assistant.

I now keep getting a notice that there is an upgrade available but when I click on the download tab I get a new screen and the download button is grayed out.  BUT I still get the notice that there is a upgrade available.

WHATS UP????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade assistant
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Congratulations on your new smartphone, Bud33!
In no time I promise you will get the hang of it, but don't worry about the upgrade message. I'm thinking you are getting the software update which is a common update with smartphones. This simply means that there is a software update that needs to be installed on your phone. The link below will tell you how to get it installed on your Illusion as well as let you know what the enhancements are.

Are you getting the upgrade message on the computer?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/illusion.html

You may also find our Wireless Workshop helpful. http://bit.ly/oc2kd5

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Bud33

The message I get is on the computer and appears in the lower right hand corner. It states;"New software is available for Illusion (SCH-I110)To Upgrade a device, please connect it to your PC.And in this case, USB debug mode will be activated by upgrade tool."There are two check boxes. Upgrade Device now  or  Upgrade later. There is a program on my computer (I do not know where it came from) called;Verizon Wireless Software Utility Application for Android.It was Published by Samsung Electronics Co. LTD. Could this be the cause of the problem?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bud

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"If there are no dogs in Heaven,

then when I die I want to go

where they went."

Will Rogers, 1897-1935

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you forward this, PLEASE DELETE

my name and e-mail address

!

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:48:52 -0600

To: (removed email address as per )

Subject: Re: Upgrade assistant - Re: Upgrade assistant

created by Verizon Wireless Customer Support in Android - View the full discussion

Congratulations on your new smartphone, Bud33!

In no time I promise you will get the hang of it, but don't worry about the upgrade message. I'm thinking you are getting the software update which is a common update with smartphones. This simply means that there is a software update that needs to be installed on your phone. The link below will tell you how to get it installed on your Illusion as well as let you know what the enhancements are.

Are you getting the upgrade message on the computer?

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/illusion.html

You may also find our Wireless Workshop helpful. http://bit.ly/oc2kd5

Tamara H.

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Android by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

(Deleted private/personal information as per VZW ToS)

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Interesting. You ask for people to delete your address in your email signature, but what you don't know is that you just exposed your email address to the rest of the world on this public forum. Please don't include the original email in your response when replying by email.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Bud33

I BEG YOUR PARDON!

Since I received it as an email and answered it as an e-mail I did not know it was being posted on the forum.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you read the whole email you received, you would have seen that it created in a location on the community with a link beside it allowing you to view the full discussion.

Then towards the bottom it says that you can reply to this message by replying to the email or go to the message in the Verizon Wireless Community.

Your community preferences must be set up for you to receive emails from the community for any activity in the Communications tab or you individually turned on email notifications for this particular discussion.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
irishbreed

It's a shame that you signed up with Verizon. My contract would have run out in Dec. But the representative said that I would have a good deal with Verizon if I stayed with them. I told her that I was looking else where. But she went over some numbers and said OK I will stay. SHE NEVER SAID THAT THERE WOULD BE A $$$90.00 CHARGE FOR AN UP GRADE!!!!!!!!!!!. I would not have resigned. I work at a Law School and will mention to every student, Lawyer and person that I come in contact with how Verizon lied!!!!!!! After this contract is up I am leaving Verizon FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!! VERIZON YOU SHOULD HAVE A MEMBER OF YOUR MANAGEMENT TEAM CONTACT ME... Maybe a Lawyer... Ha, ha, ha... They can speak to all my friends that are Lawyers about the lie I was told.

Sincerely a very, very dissappointed phone user.

0 Likes
Bud33

And this has to do with the topic how??????

To be honesst,since you brought it up, I have been with Verizon for about 10 years. I travel a lot and after trying a number of the other providers Verizon has better coverage by FAR> As an example, I live in metro Orlando and people that visit me have to go out in the driveway to get a signal with AT&T and T Mobile.   I sit in me easy chair and talk to whom ever I want.

0 Likes
annoyed724

bud33 this is not a problem the phone recieved a software upgrade on 3/25/2013 it is just a minor fix upgrade for the illusion it getts rid of a few of the stock apps(nfl,verizon market ect.) and a few other things just hit download now and all will be good i have been tring to get this update for about a month lol

0 Likes