Updated to 4.4.2 - and now multiple issues: no Swype and about 400 missing pictures
MB24

My phone updated to the newest version yesterday. I hate it! I miss the volume button on the lock screen, but that's only mild. Swype is gone, just gone. I downloaded Google Play, but that's not fantastic either. Was this not thought out?

With texts, everything is white and extremely hard to read. It's difficult to follow the discussion now. Any way to change this?

Most importantly - about 400 photos are gone, mostly the ones since last year, and including downloaded photos. I've gone through any possible "hidden" folders and nothing. Gone. Any possibility of getting them back. No SD card because there wasn't much data on the phone, but it's still annoying. I miss the pictures.

I wish that I could undo it, and everything would just come back.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Updated to 4.4.2 - and now multiple issues: no Swype and about 400 missing pictures
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MB24,

Oh no, I am sorry to hear over 400 pictures have gone missing since the software update. I know how much my pictures mean to me, so I can understand wanting to have them back. Did you ever backup your pictures to Verizon Cloud? Please search for Swype or Google Keyboard on your Google Play Store on your phone.

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Updated to 4.4.2 - and now multiple issues: no Swype and about 400 missing pictures
MB24

I downloaded the Google keyboard, but that's just very inconvenient and shouldn't have been dropped whether it was by Motorola or Verizon.

The pictures have me very confused. First, I am fairly good with electronics. The pictures are there, but they aren't "there". If I go to the gallery and look at the thumbnails, the pictures can't be seen. If I click on a thumbnail, I get a completely different picture from the thumbnail.....one of the recent pictures that is "lost". If I scroll through the pictures, you see the newer picture but the older picture sort of pixelates over it first. I have all of the pictures backed up on my laptop and now on the cloud, but I can't see the thumbnails at all, even when I tried removing the pictures and reloading them. I went to hidden folders and tried to "unhide" them, but that doesn't work. Taking new pictures doesn't make the recent previous ones show up. I'm glad they are still there, but it is fairly inconvenient to scroll through everything to find one picture.

Any suggestions?

0 Likes