Re: Unlimited Data
harmonious
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm just so tired of companies taking advantage of consumers. You have so many naive people out there that really think their providers had them in mind when founding their services. They really believe companies want to save consumers money. News flash...wrong! These companies are feeling their pocket books while all of our voices are being taken away. In my eyes, it's time to fight back. People fail to realize that if enough of us get sick of the garbage these companies are doing and take our money elsewhere, they'll be left with no other choice but to meet our demands, or suffer the consequences. (Democracy) Like I said before though, the odds of this happening is very slim because too many people these days sit back and do absolutely nothing.

Yes, it's true that not everyone needs unlimited data and people have different using habits. What about those that do need unlimited data though? Since unlimited data was cut, I can do anything on my phone anymore. I can't sream movies, music, or update apps. because I'm so worried about exceeding usage which does go quite fast if your a streamer like myself. No, I don't have WIFI, and im not going to drive to Starbucks just to use my phone for data. Some people use their phone for business purposes like myself and need unlimited data. Verizon is not dumb and they knew this. They knew that limiting data will create revenue for them. They knew exactly what they were doing....period.

harmonious
Enthusiast - Level 3

Aggred @ a.blount. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope it dosen't go unnoticed.

Not applicable

dimap52 wrote:

And if they DID offer unlimited data? Just how much do you think they would charge for it this time around? As it is on the SEP, 20 Gig is $150. 

Actually you can get up to 50 GB now. It's $375

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

For business purposes, your business should pay for the data. If they don't feel the need to do so, then the data usage is not that important to them.

Movie & music streaming? That is a WANT, not a need and stating that it is a data usage you NEED, won't make it so.

0 Likes
Not applicable

a.blount wrote:

I went to upgrade my phone today..I am now finding out that one of the phones that I upgraded is going from unlimited data to 2GB; this is also the phone that I use as the MobileHotSpot; the other phone is going from 4GB to 2GB. I am seriously thinking about switching to another phone company if they are not able to get my old phone data back. Also, I wouldn't have upgraded but the ThuderBolts that I had could not keep a steady internet signal on one phone and the other's internet went completely down today and the tech's could not figure out the problem.

I'm already paying close to $300 a month for 3 phones and MobileHotSpot; there's no reason for me to have these phones if i can't get a data plan that will work for my family. I can go to Straight Talk and get unlimited EVERYTHING for a lot less a month!! I am conserding this since I'm having so many problems.

Verizon needs to consider their customers for once and get the unlimited data back!

Straight Talk does NOT have unlimited data. You get throttled to under 256 kbos after 2.5 GB. If you continue to go over 2.5 GB  they will disconnect your service. Also their data is 3G not 4G.

0 Likes
Not applicable

harmonious wrote:

Aggred @ a.blount. Thank you for sharing your story and I hope it dosen't go unnoticed.

it will go unnoticed by those you think will see it. Verizon will not bring unlimited back any time soon. And if they did you'd complain about the slow speeds and disconnections that would sure to follow. One again for the umpteenth time please explain how Verizon provides unlimited 4G data with 10 MHz download and 10 MHz upload. If you can answer that then you need to stop asking for unlimited data to come back because you can't explain how this will be accomplished. Why won't you answer a simple question?

0 Likes
harmonious
Enthusiast - Level 3

First of all, I never said that streaming is my business but rather something I do with my phone. >Stay on topic and quit attacking others who have a differing opinion.<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
Not applicable

>Keep personal opinions of others to yourself< There is a difference between WANTS and NEEDS. Eating food is a NEED because you'll die without it. Eating a filet mignon is a WANT.

If you need more than 2 GB Verizon has plans up to 50 GB.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I did not say streaming was your business, either. However YOU said "some people use their phone for business purposes like myself and need unlimited data." If your business NEEDS unlimited data then IT should be paying for your data needs, not you. If it is unwilling to do so, then the unlimited data does not sound that important to them. From the description of your usage, though, it seems as if your NEED for unlimited data has more to do with your video and music streaming rather than your business NEED and that would be something you CHOOSE to have, not NEED to have.

Regardless, in no way have I made any judgements on how you should spend your money. It makes no difference to me. I spend my money the way I see fit and I would urge you to do the same. If you NEED unlimited data, though, it would seem you should be with a carrier which offers it, not with one that does not and will most likely not do so in the foreseeable future.

Good luck.

0 Likes
Not applicable

harmonius wrote;

First of all, I never said that streaming is my business but rather something I do with my phone. >Comment deleted<

>Comment deleted<

Just vote with your pocket book and sign up with a carrier that has unlimited data.

0 Likes