Ubuntu Phones
KAB157

Does anyone know either when Verizon will be getting an Ubuntu Phone, or if any of the European Union phones will work on Verizon (Example: Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition)? I've been waiting for an Ubuntu phone forever! I'd love to see them take off here in the states.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Ubuntu Phones
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I highly doubt those phones support CDMA radios used by Verizon Wireless. When Verizon Wireless goes to VoLTE completely after shutting down the CDMA network then the Ubuntu device might be capable of being activated on Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I highly doubt those phones support CDMA radios used by Verizon Wireless. When Verizon Wireless goes to VoLTE completely after shutting down the CDMA network then the Ubuntu device might be capable of being activated on Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
KAB157

It's a shame. I know the Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition supports TD-LTE and FDD-LTE. It also supports GSM and WCDMA, but not EVDO. I looked for frequency specs, but Meizu doesn't list that... In the end, even if it would work frequency-wise, Verizon would have to approve the activation anyways, which I doubt that they would do.

Hopefully Verizon will release an Ubuntu phone soon!

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes