UGH!....Droid Eris battery :(
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3
The battery is killing me. I got the Advanced Task Killer and have to check it often to kill tasks that I haven't even activated. I just turned off GPS but that sort of defeats the purpose of some of the apps. Pretty soon I'm going to have to turn everything off. just to get through a whole day.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: UGH!....Droid Eris battery :(
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

It's under "Battery History". Tap the 1st drop down and you'll see "Partial Wake Usage"

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

Download "Spare Parts" from the market. Check "Partial Awake Usage" if your have battery issues. Android System should be listed on top. If it isn't, the application on the top is your battery issue!

FYI - I added this text as a forum macro!!! lol

0 Likes
Androidatic
Enthusiast - Level 3
I have spare parts. Where is this option? I can't find it. Thanks for the help. **EDIT** I found it. Android System is #1. Thanks!
0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

It's under "Battery History". Tap the 1st drop down and you'll see "Partial Wake Usage"

0 Likes
foobah

I've developed a terrible problem. The battery level will be fine during the day, 50% or so by 7 PM when I check it. When I go to put it next to my bed around midnight it has shut itself off. I've used Spare Part and have so much shut down: bluetooth, wifi and GPS with the screen on low yet it still happens. I've begun to suspect Weather Bug, so today I've uninstalled it, and I will wait to see whether my experience is better or I should run to the Verizon store.

I do carry my Droid in my shirt pocket in the evening and it becomes a bit warm, but surely that can't be the problem. I've always carried phones in my shirt pocket with no problem.

0 Likes
drmarisa61

two questions...in the spare parts app the number one thing listed is the Missed Reminder app.  could this be draining my battery?  and that leads me to my next question....is using the missed reminder app necessary or is there a reminder system built into the droid eris?  i have yet to come across it (the track ball notification just makes the track ball blink which is pointless when its in your pocket) 

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

That sounds suspicious, is that listed in the Partial Wake Usage? Is the bar fully colored all the way across? I think the whole bar represents the up time and the colored area represents how much time that app used.

If its fully colored, its a prob the battery drain.

Also download OSMonitor... sort by CPU and see if that app is using alot of CPU time.

0 Likes
drmarisa61

yes it is fully colored.....this is such a shame because this is the app i found most convenient since i can not find an internal phone setting that will remind me of missed calls texts etc. with a sound and/or vibration.  if anyone knows a way to do this please help!

0 Likes