Re: To the Moderators (Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
pcw67427
Contributor - Level 1

lboogie852,

Thanx for the reply, sorry I didn't reply till now. Unfortunately my laptop died on me & I haven't gotten a new 1 yet, & having to borrow my wife's in between her school work. Since posting originally, I've gotten the Note II (definitely love this phone), but haven't been able to log in, to post when on the forum, on it.

pcw67427

Message was edited by: pcw67427

0 Likes
Re: To the Moderators or Who ever is responsible for setting up a new space (Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
gadgetgeekfan77
Enthusiast - Level 1

to Tidbits - please do a simple Google Search for "S Planner Widget" click on images and you will see there is a million screenshots of them. Verizon blocked it like many other things.

Blocked or added by Verizon:

- Permanently on Wifi Mode

- Bubble Notifications on Lock Screen

- Blocking Mode

- H+ network support (Yes this is truly a world phone if they wouldn't block it)

- Sim locked

- Locked Bootloader

- S Planner Widget (God I want to know why?)

- Can't continually scroll in Touchwiz but you get stopped on either side

- Tons of Bloatware

- Verizon Logo on Homebutton (Really not much of a problem just they were the only ones that did it)

- Multi-window was limited to 7 apps

- Update: Photo Editor (thanks AZSALUKI for pointing this out)

I believe that is pretty much it - let me know if you anyone else knows something that was cut by Verizon

0 Likes
Re: To the Moderators or Who ever is responsible for setting up a new space (Samsung Galaxy Note 2)
AZSALUKI
Legend

Samsung apps which would include the native photo editor. You know.....the one you see lebron using and every actor in every commercial for this thing. The samsung photo editor is the easiest way to use the s pen to quickly edit photos but they took it out.

rlt9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon employees don't know anything about the phones they sell, they don;t need to know and are just there to make the sale...

rlt9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

You forgot to mention the Samsung account and Samsung Apps Store...

0 Likes
LinuxNinja

Not the case at the North Point Parkway Verizon Wireless Store in Alpharetta, GA. These guy knows their stuff, are super helpful, and take the time to understand customer needs. I know, I'm in there a LOT, and get to see how the customers in the store are treated. (I manage our company's 200 phones, so I see it all...)

0 Likes
LinuxNinja

I just want them to unblock Google Wallet. I have to tether my Nexus 7 to my Galaxy S III to use Wallet.

I'm hoping they either end their intrusive ways, or another carrier comes along I can switch over to on true LTE, by the time my contract is up.

I'm paying quite a bit more $$$ to be on Verizon instead of AT&T, but the service (and customer service) is much better, so why remove Google Wallet. I used it on AT&T and loved it, but AT&T has its own issues.

The bloatware is annoying, from both Verizon and Samsung. Praying for a true Nexus LTE phone on Verizon, like that will ever happen. I figured out how to install Wallet on the Galaxy Nexus, and it worked, but not on the Galaxy S III.

0 Likes
rlt9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hang in there LinuxNinja, we have Wallet working for the Note II and I'm sure there will be a work around for the S III soon (if you know where to look).

0 Likes
LinuxNinja

I know where to look. Just haven't been there, lately.

Still trying to convince myself NOT to load AOSP or Cyanogen on my SIII.

0 Likes
rlt9999
Enthusiast - Level 2

A tune from the 70's by the Funkadellics just came to mind... "Free your mind and your *** will follow"...