To Droid or not to Droid? That is the question....
vettelover

My 30 days is almost up and I'm really debating if I want to keep the Droid, try a Storm 2 or go back to the drawing board (BB Curve). There are so many cool things with the Droid, but 2 that really are holding me back:

1. The whole Bluetooth thing - my truck has factory Bluetooth integration that I now can't use to the fullest. My summer car is a stick shift, so Bluetooth is HUGE when I drive it. It's bothering more than I thought it would.

2. Email - I have a gmail acct, but only started it to sync with the Droid. I use Charter for my main email, have for over 10 years now. The way the Droid handles non-gmail is not as nice as the BB Curve was. I did get K-9 for the Droid, which is an improvement over the default mail app on the Droid. I imagine I'll end up using gmail more if I keep the Droid, but it's a pain to get everyone/everything switched over to gmail.

I guess the reason for this post is to hear if anyone wants to share their experiences with the Storm 2>Droid. Have you used both, thoughts?

Thanks for your time

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: To Droid or not to Droid? That is the question....
Kitten_Call

Glad you came back - was wondering what happened to the 30 dayers..lol

For me - if no Droid then the iPhone. So far the only issue I have and it is a NON issue is the Size. I cannot hold it on my hand all day like a baby bottle or appendage (sorry to put it this way, but only comparision I can make).

Not unusual to see a woman with a BB on her hand, shopping, walking, talking (hopefully that's all lol). Almost as if they are cosmic bean counters and they want to be ready any moment to add up those karmic points I guess - Eeek. Something I became more aware of recently and maybe others are used to.

As for me - I hope someone puts me in the doghouse if I get that intimate with a device - too impersonal. Meew

Oh - your comment about blue tooth? I hope they figure that out. I rarely call from my car or while moving - not a volume caller. I prefer to talk at home, less people and longer calls.

But I did run into this issue when I was using google directions. I tried to call my friend on speaker and realized I lost the directions so I hung up. Ironically, they popped up in the nick of time outta nowhere - kid you not! Just in time to keep me from taking my eye of the road and realizing I needed to pull over (that Droid Angel?) It started at exactly where I was and directed me the rest of the way - Phew. It was pleasantly eeerie...in a great way.

I still have a few more days - all is good so far. I am sure that as long as the popularity of the Droid continues so will the usability of its product. I guess some people get too attached to other gadgets and I can understand that.

Puurr

0 Likes