Texts taking forever to send
chelseyrae1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had trouble with my text messages and pictures in texts not sending for several minutes up to several hours. Sometimes the other person never receives them. I have a LG G2. It shows sending but it takes a long time. I don't want to have to reset my phone to fix this. Please help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texts taking forever to send
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Does this happen even when you have strong connection?  Just like data, messages take longer to send over a weaker connection.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Hello chelseyrae1,

I'd love to help get your messages working quickly and efficiently again! Do you normally stay connected to WiFi, or are you on 4G? Often, picture messages will not send when connected to WiFi because WiFi doesn't support picture messaging. Does this happen with picture and group texts only, or with regular short texts as well? Please provide more details, and we'd be happy to help get to the bottom of this!

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
wuzapro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same phone and the same issue. Happens with short texts over WiFi, too. Has only recently become an issue, so I don't know what triggered it.

I have noticed that my 3G/4G signal has consistently been weaker for majority of the time. Did the network change?

0 Likes
chelseyrae1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ok, I have just restarted my phone for about the 10th time this week due to it being sooooo slow. Texts would still take at least 10 minutes to send, keyboard going coo coo, battery draining, and a horrible lag. I would hit the square key to clear all open apps, close it, and immediately check it again and there would be random apps open like alarm clock or calendar. My battery life has sucked for awhile now. Also, apparently my email app has not been sending emails. I've replied to all three comments via email and I guess they've vanished into cyber space because I don't see any replies on comments made. There's no telling how many emails I've sent this week that have vanished. But this last time I restarted my phone is miraculously working again. This time when it came back on it said android updating. I don't see it in recent updates so I don't understand what happened.

0 Likes
chelseyrae1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Please read my comment!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chelseyrae1,

I have read your previous comment. We want to get to the bottom of these issues. To clarify, you stated the last time you restarted your phone everything was working now, are all issues resolved or just a few? If all issues were not resolved, which issues are still remaining with your device? Please provide details.

LindseyT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chelseyrae1, thanks for keeping us posted. We're relieved to hear that your device is working again. Let's make sure that these issues don't return. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your phone? Some applications can affect the performance of your device after the update. Try uninstalling any unwanted applications in Settings, delete old unwanted text mesages and call history. Lastly, it would be helpful to remove your e-mail account in Settings>Accounts>tap your e-mail account>Menu>Remove account and then re-add it back to your device. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Dwaranguren

I have the same problem I have a strong internet connection I've even run speed test it happens whether I'm on Wi-Fi or 4G it's not tied to any new applications that I put on my phone it just started happening randomly

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It worries us to see your text messages are taking a long time to be sent, and we are here to help. Please tell us, what's your devices model? Are any other service being impacted? What's your nearest intersection and city?

GeovannJ_VZW

0 Likes