Texting Problems
LethalMutiny

So recently my friend and I discovered she wasn't getting some of my texts. I'm on Verizon with a Galaxy S4 and she's on US Cellular with a Galaxy S5. We can hold a conversation fine for a while but then suddenly one of my texts do not get delivered, but they say Sent on them. If I text her again we can have a conversation for a bit then the same thing happens. Anyone know of any solution to this?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Texting Problems
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You could use an app like Facebook Messenger that is data dependent. This would eliminate her missing your texts. If you are only experiencing with one person my guess it would be on her carrier's end. If it was multiple people I would begin to suspect Verizon but it's just the one.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lets keep this conversation going! Are you both using the preinstalled app or one you would have gotten from the play store? Is it certain times of day? Or MMS messages instead of SMS messages? Are you having this come up with anyone else you text?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
LethalMutiny

We're both using the stock messaging app. It's normally afternoon/evening when we talk. It's just SMS messages that have the problem. I've only experienced it with her. I talked to tech support yesterday and they said it was probably on her end... but I don't know. We've both deleted and re-added each other as contacts once.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
LethalMutiny I appreciate the information so far. I am not disagreeing with the tech support folks at all on this. Just looking for patterns on what could cause it. When you are texting one another, are there texts from other numbers coming in as well? Are the interruptions coming after a particularly long text (more than 140 characters) or after a picture is received? It wouldn't necessarily need to be during this specific conversation but any conversation with anyone also going on at that same time?

Do either of you change location during your conversation? If either of you were to move to an area where receptions isn't as good, this could potentially cause a delay in your conversation or even messages to not be delivered. I know it's a lot to consider. Just want to try to narrow things down as much as possible.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You could use an app like Facebook Messenger that is data dependent. This would eliminate her missing your texts. If you are only experiencing with one person my guess it would be on her carrier's end. If it was multiple people I would begin to suspect Verizon but it's just the one.

0 Likes