Texting Issues with new Droid Pro
bruno420

sometimes while typing a text message (using the droid pro keyboard,) the search bar will inexplicably pop up as if i touched the magnifying glass icon. this is causing me to exit out of the messaging screen. then i have to click into it again, re-open the same text message, and finish typing.

is there a shortcut key to open the search bar that i may be hitting accidentally? if so, can i turn it off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Texting Issues with new Droid Pro
August03
Contributor - Level 3

Hello,

For this device, double-tapping the screen will zoom in, therefore, magnify the page. Please click on the Touchscreen & Keys of the User Manual, which can be found at the link below for further instructions:

Motorola Droid Pro User Manual

Another helpful tool is provided below:

Motorola Droid Pro Simulator

If this isn't the action that you are speaking of, or if you still need assistance, please reply to this post and we will continue to help troubleshoot.

Enjoy the weekend.

KellyW@VZWSupport

0 Likes
isaacgier

I'm having the same problem, issue is not trying to create a shortcut, it's stopping the droid from going to the search shortcut while you're typing a text. How do you stop it from going to search bar when ur texting, it's so annoying, I hope there's an easy way, I mostly text so if not I'll go back to blackberry asap.

0 Likes
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

Could it be the mic key accidentally pressed on the lower right of the keyboard?  That is for voice search; does it open a search widget?

0 Likes
isaacgier

no, i dont even come close to that sometimes and it happens, its inconsistent, wish I could just shut the keyboard shotcuts off completely.

0 Likes
isaacgier

This explains how to make a shortcut but doesn't explain a solution to the problem......how do you stop the keyboard from "jumping" to the google search screen while you're texting? it's so annoying. please help.

0 Likes
johngp13

I am having the exact same issue.....have you figured out the cause?

Going to head to the Verizon store shortly to see what they have to say and will let you know if it gets resolved

0 Likes
isaacgier

any news on this???

0 Likes
isaacgier

It's obvious they have no clue how to fix this, why am I not surprised.

0 Likes
lu2lin

Hi Kelly:

Did you find a solution to this issue?

I found this online, but no one in customer service seems to know.

http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phones/4l7n7-when-typing-droid-pro-sometimes-when-hit-key.html

Thanks,

Lulu

0 Likes