Text messaging issues after latest Droid update
DrewDogG8

After recently upgrading my Droid Razr M to version 182.46.15 (android version 4.4.2), I noticed strange issues with text messaging.

For example, I have 2 friends I've been texting -  each one individually, and together in a group.

I notice now when the group text is responded to, the individual text threads get the initial notification that a message is coming through, but it eventually posts to the group thread.  And the individual thread datetime stamp is updated as well.

This is more of an annoyance than anything though - anyone experience this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging issues after latest Droid update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DrewDogG8,

Thank you so much for reaching out! I can understand how this issue can become an annoyance. Let's see what we can do about getting the text messages back on track. For starters, are you using the default text message application that came with the phone? Or are you using a 3rd party application from the Google Play Store (Hangouts, Go SMSPro, or Handcent). Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DrewDogG8

Hi Kevin,

I am using the default messaging app.

0 Likes
McCoyAZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

The upgrade is the problem. 4.4.2 has caused countless issues with texting and Verizon can't fix it.

Save yourself a lot of time and frustration and wait for 4.4.3 upgrade to fix the 4.4.2 upgrade that screwed up the texting.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Please Read the Following: Any Motorola Phones Built in 2012 will most likely only get minor security updates..

Razr M Kitkat 4.4.4? . All Discussions (465) . DROID RAZR M by Motorola . Forum . Motorola Owners' F...

These Phone will continue getting OS updates like  " L"  after 4.4.4

Android 4.4.4 Release Notes - Droid Ultra, Droid Mini, Droid Maxx

0 Likes