Text message stop
dnordmeyer

ive been having problems with my Android Ultra.

what has been happening is that during normal use i will get notifications stating that my messaging has to stop ( native messenger not third party). every time this happens i can not open the app or read/ receive any  text messages. what can i do to fix this problem?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text message stop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know its frustrating to have issues with your device dnordmeyer. We can help. Are you using a 3rd party messaging app? Have you deleted all old and long text threads you no longer need? I would also reset the messaging settings. Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW
follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
dnordmeyer

No I am not using a third party app it is the native app that is installed on my droid. Yes I have deleted all the threads and all messages. As well as clearing data in settings. No matter what I do the problem still exists.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dnordmeyer

Thanks for those details! Which software version are you currently running? Any updates available? You can check right here: http://vz.to/1zz5kw5

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
dnordmeyer

My current software version is 4.4 and there are no current updates available.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dnordmeyer, thanks for confirming. Are you connected to Wi-Fi when you have this text messaging issue? If so, we reccomend that you disable Wi-Fi, connect to our network and test the text messaging feature. If the issue persists, then the last resort would be to back up your device at http://vz.to/IsygQ6 and master reset your device in Settings. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rafiqa

and all these countless pieces of advice, will not help. look also at the Community Forum titled "Text Message Fail' and see how long this has been going on

0 Likes