Terrible customer service and relations
lastchancewithvzw

In January of this year my wife and I switched back to Verizon from StraightTalk.  I purchased the Droid Turbo and she purchased the IPhone.  Shortly after getting our new phones, I made the dumb mistake of laying my phone on the back of my truck and drove down the road.  When I realized what I had done, it was too late.  My phone had already fallen off and had been smashed.  I had not purchased the insurance for the phone so I knew I was going to have to foot the bill since we were on the Edge plan.  After confirming this with VZW, I paid the $635.99 on February 10, 2015 at Z Wireless in Everett, PA to buy out my contract.  I was then told that I would have to wait for the billing cycle to roll around, which was only a couple of days,  to get a new Turbo on the Edge plan.  I went back to the store once the bill posted to get my Turbo.  They tried to scan the phone but their screen would not let the transaction go through.  They then contacted VZW to see why.  I was then told that I had to wait 30 days because of policy.  I then went back to the store on March 10, 2015 to get my Turbo as instructed by VZW customer service.  After arriving at the store, we had the same problems as before. The store was told by VZW that it had to be a full 30 days and that I could get my Turbo on March 11, 2015.  So on March 11, I went back to the store, as instructed by VZW customer service, to get my Turbo.  Once again, the transaction would not go through.  The store contacted VZW to see what the problem was this time.  I was then told that VZW had not posted my payment until February 16, 2015 and that the 30 days did not start until then.  I paid the $635.99 on February 10, 2015 and it came out of my bank account on February 12, 2015.  I then personally contacted VZW to voice my displeasure and to see if there was anything that could be done.  After talking with several customer service representatives, it was obvious that I was now going to have to wait until March 16 to get my Turbo.  So on March 16, 2015, I contacted VZW before I made another trip to the store to get my phone.  The VZW customer service representative assured me that I was able to get my phone today.  I then made another trip to the store to finally get my phone.  Wrong!  After once again trying to scan my phone, the store manager had another message come up on her screen.  She then contacted VZW once again to see what the problem was.  I was now told that it could take up to 60 days to get my Turbo because there is something wrong with the VZW computer network.  Even though I am now supposedly eligible for the Edge, I still cannot get it because of a problem with the VZW computer system. So, as of 11:43 am on March 19, 2015 I am still without the Turbo.  I cannot for the life of me see how and why it takes this long to get a cell phone. I understand policy and procedures, but it is a cell phone, not some national security issue.  In all my conversations with the customer service at VZW, about all I can get is the standard " yes I will help you get this resolved" and then the " I am sorry, there is nothing we can do but we appreciate you choosing VZW".  I so very much regret leaving StraightTalk and choosing VZW.  I am tired of calling customer service and nobody knows when I can get the Turbo except it was 30 days and now its 60 days. After our contract is up, I can promise VZW will never see another penny of my money.  I know one customer is not going to break your company but I am very highly UNSATISFIED with the entire VZW company.  If there is anything that you can do to expedite or resolve this process I would very much appreciate it.  I hope that this does not fall on deaf ears or just get deleted.  I look forward to your response

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service and relations
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Wow, I can certainly understand why you would be so frustrated lastchancewithvzw. We want our Edge program to be an easy process to customers and I apologize you have not experienced that recently. I would like to clarify the buy out process with our Edge program. The 60 day time frame to enter a new Edge agreement is correct. The Edge buyout amount is shown on the bill the same day. However, they payment is not applied to the account after one bill cycle to ensure there the payment is not reversed or disputed. I apologize about the confusion caused.   Thank You, MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Terrible customer service and relations
lastchancewithvzw

Michelle S , So I have wasted at least six trips to the store, and countless hours on the phone for over two months now with a VZW customer service rep always giving different dates.  If I would have known that right from the beginning, I would have just done the other plan.  From what I have read and heard,Verizon has had a lot of problems with this Edge program.  I don't understand how after all that money has been withdrawn from my account and deposited into VZW, I can't get a phone.  I am not understanding why it needs to take 60 days.  It looks like VZW will only do stuff from one billing cycle to the next.  It would be nice if VZW would do something to compensate me for the run around that I have been given the past several months.

0 Likes