Swap htc Incredible for Droid X
Rodan213

So I just ordered the Incredible last weekend.  It slated to ship the week of the 12th in July.  

Now rumor has it that the new Droid X will be released on the 19th of July.  The Droid X is the phone I want. So I have a few questions.

Does the 30 day return policy take effect from when the phone is activated or from the date of purchase?

Since I bought the Incredible.  The backorder makes it so I wont actually have the phone for 3 weeks or more.  But if it takes effect from the date of purchase.  Then I will have just passed the 30 days and wont be able to upgrade.  

Since I bought online, Do I need to swap it online?  Or can I go into my local Verizon store?

If I can go into the store,  What fee's will I need to pay?  What will I need to bring (receipt, CC used, account holder ect)?

and Lastly, Will I have to pay the $100 discount I got online or would it be better to go to Bestbuy so I wouldn't have to worry about it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Swap htc Incredible for Droid X
luvzmutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the same thing.  I bough my Inc. on June 12, with a ship date of July 12th (although I was told at the corporate store it was a three week ship date).  Having read that sound quality is not so good with the Inc, and having a father that is hard of hearing, I need a phone with good sound quality (currently have a BB Storm2).   I just spoke to a rep at the store where I ordered the phone and was told that I can return the Inc within 30 days of date of activation, not order date (I will be out of town the week of July 12).  Since I prepaid full price for the phone, I can't not accept the order and have it sent back,  I confirmed that, if I preoreder  a Drois X when they go on sale, that I can return the Inc.  I am not even going to activate it.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
whatsitsname
Lol. Buyer remorse and you don't even have the phone yet. Can't you just cancel the order online now since it hasn't been shipped?
0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

from what others are saying, you have to get the incredible, then exchange it for the moto X-TREME!!!!!!!!!

there is no fee.

0 Likes
Rodan213

But can I do that at Best Buy or at a Verizon store if I ordered online?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I would think that something like that would have to be handled through Verizon not a 3rd party sales company, places like Best Buy and Radio Shack for example will sell you device but usually they step away from any more interactions when the sale exceeds the 30 days return time for a defective device or service cancellation time, after that usually any replacements or service upgrades are supplied through the Verizon store.  Now I could be wrong but that has been the information I have received from customer service when I started service a few years back.... Things may have changed.

0 Likes
M91-30
Contributor - Level 1

Rodan213 wrote:

But can I do that at Best Buy or at a Verizon store if I ordered online?

no, phones bought from verizon can only be handled by a corperate store, it's the same way if you buy it from best buy or any third party reseller, they are the only ones that can handle it until 30 days after purchase.

0 Likes
luvzmutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did the same thing.  I bough my Inc. on June 12, with a ship date of July 12th (although I was told at the corporate store it was a three week ship date).  Having read that sound quality is not so good with the Inc, and having a father that is hard of hearing, I need a phone with good sound quality (currently have a BB Storm2).   I just spoke to a rep at the store where I ordered the phone and was told that I can return the Inc within 30 days of date of activation, not order date (I will be out of town the week of July 12).  Since I prepaid full price for the phone, I can't not accept the order and have it sent back,  I confirmed that, if I preoreder  a Drois X when they go on sale, that I can return the Inc.  I am not even going to activate it.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

do we even have the specs and release date on the xtreme? i see a lot of people returning phones they don't even have yet for a phone that's not even announced a release date yet??? just curious....but did you guys think about this before you ordered the incredible? also....just curious, but what are the pros of the xtreme? will it have a front facing cam?

0 Likes
luvzmutt
Enthusiast - Level 2

AZ, I was perfectly happy with my inc order, even though I knew that the X was on its way.  It was only when heard about the sound quality that I got concerned. 

Have you had sound qualtiy issues with your phone?  (I know battery life isn't great, but that is not a concern)

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

4.3" Screen

8MP camera with 720p video recording

1 GHz processor (rumored to be an omap which outperforms the snapdragon at the same speed)

HDMI out

Engadget Hands-on

http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/15/exclusive-motorola-droid-x-preview/

0 Likes