Suspended service
LKWood

I have suspended service on my son's phone. He is in a rehab facility and is not allowed to use his phone. I am still being charged 54.00 and change  for it.WHY?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Suspended service
mama23dogs
Legend

there is no fee or cost to suspend or reconnect your service. Just go to vzw.com/suspend and sign into your "My Verizon" account, or if you're already signed in, select "Suspend or Reconnect Service" from the left navigation on the account overview page under Manage My Device.

If you have more than one phone number on your account, select the number you want to suspend and click "Suspend Service." You'll be prompted to note the reason why you're suspending service. If you select Lost or Stolen, your line will automatically reconnect after a maximum of 30 days. If you select other, your line will automatically reconnect after a maximum of 90 days.

You'll then be given the option to keep billing or stop billing. If you choose to continue to be billed, your contract will keep running so you'll still qualify for your upgrade on time. If you choose to stop billing, it will extend your contract and upgrade eligibility dates. Billing will resume in 30 days but your device will remain suspended until you resume service. After you choose which option is best for you, click "Suspend Selected Line," and your service is now suspended.

Once you're ready to reconnect your service, you can go to vzw.com/reconnect and sign into your "My Verizon" account, or select the same "Suspend or Reconnect Service" link from the My Verizon Navigation, or you can even sign in to the My Verizon Mobile App to reconnect.

Select the line that you would like to reconnect and click "Resume Service." You'll then be given the choice to reconnect service with the same SIM card that was used in the phone you suspended, or you can reconnect service with a different device or SIM card. Make your choice and click "Reconnect Service to This Line." If you are reconnecting the phone you previously suspended, then you're done! You are now reactivated. If you are activating another phone, you will be prompted to back up your contacts, enter the device ID and make plan changes if required. You can find complete instructions in the "Activate a Device" video. Once you've gone through those steps, your phone will be active.

Whatever the reason is, whether your phone is lost or stolen, My Verizon makes it simple to suspend and reconnect service on the go, without any additional fees or costs.

0 Likes