Stratosphere automatically deleting texts before I read them
thatgirl619

My phone will alert me that I have a text message. When I go to messages, it's not there.

I know that I received a message because of an app that puts an icon on my screen. Luckily I've assigned most of my friend's a contact photo so I can tell who's text was erased. So I have to text them and ask for them to resend their last text. Its annoying!

Is anyone else dealing with this? Is there a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere automatically deleting texts before I read them
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

thatgirl619,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with your text deleting. That can certainly be quite annoying. We want to make sure that this does not happen. Now you mentioned that you have a couple apps. Are you using a 3rd party application for your text messages? If so I would suggest to use the stock messaging application. Also you can try to go to your settings>applications>manage apps>the messaging app you use> clear cache and data. This will get rid of any possible bugs that might be hanging around. Keep us updated on the status of this issue, because we want it to be resolved.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
thatgirl619

Will this delete my messages?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know that keeping old text is important thatgirl619 but if you are having an issue with text, removing a third-party application may fix the issue but may also delete your messages if they are saved through that app. Clearing the cache and browser history will not delete any messages or pics. It will remove internet temp files saved. Which app do you have?

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
thatgirl619

I have the NoLED app.  The weird thing is my mom has the same phone, same apps but she does not have the same issue.  I delete messages, she is using more memory than I am.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information thatgirl619!  How did the app reset work for you?  Are you using a 3rd party messaging application?  Did you test the device with the app removed?  Please let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
thatgirl619

The only app I'm using related to my messaging is NoLED which is a notification app. I'm using the messaging app that came with the phone.  I've done 3 master resets and even deleted the notification app. I still have the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for this information and all you've tried thatgirl619. Please try removing that NoLED application to see if anything changes. Also, how long have you had your phone? You can also try http://vz.to/ZuhulZ . Let's see if anything changes. Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
thatgirl619

I've had the phone for almost 2 years.

Why would NoLED not cause an issue with my mom's phone (same phone, same apps), but cause an issue with mine?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information thatfirl619! Application may affect devices differently. Did you get a chance to remove it just for testing. This will allow us to ensure an application is not the cause. Are you aware if you have an extended warranty? Please share so I may further assist. Thank you.

TominqueBo_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes