Stratosphere Nightmare
setsunakutemo

12/30/13

After a couple of weeks with our Samsung phone dropping calls, having issues connecting to the network, missing calls, and issues with the audio and hearing each other speak through the receiver, losing all of our pictures and ringtones, the phone was taken to the Harbison store to see what the issue was. The Harbison store told us that there was nothing they could do because the account holder was not present. They also told us that the phone was not even registered as a Verizon phone so for that reason as well there was nothing we could do besides call customer support. They also mentioned that this phone was not the best of them. That is not something you want to hear about a device you’re still paying on.

12/31/13

I called Verizon when I was told about this experience. The owner of the Samsung had already gone to work around this time (2:00 pm approximately). I explained what happened and was told without the Samsung nearby there was nothing they could do as far as troubleshooting so later that night I called back when we both were home. New Year’s Eve (1:00 am approximately) I spend nearly an hour on the phone with Verizon technical support and was told the SD card was damaged and we need a new SIM card. For convenience I requested to have it mailed to us but it could not be mailed because the phone wasn’t registering with Verizon so again we needed to drive to Verizon to pick it up.

1/1/14

Samsung owner went to pick up the SIM card without the Account owner present. I note was left from Technical Support that this would be allowed. The Garners Ferry location said that they couldn’t see notes left by Technical support but they would go ahead and replace the SIM card. Hopefully this will solve the issues going on with the phone. However the issues persisted – dropping calls, losing network connection, missing calls.

I called Technical support again to let them know the issues were ongoing and when my data was being reviewed I learned that a lot of the dates such as when we replaced that phone through the insurance company (August 2012) were incorrect. I believe that the technician was at a loss on how to help and we were basically told that he would note the issues and we would have to wait until Sunday for the original Technician we spoke to on New Year’s Eve to contact us again to follow up.

1/3/14

My phone bill was due today and I called technical support to try and delay the payment until this issue was resolved. I was disconnected a total of two times before we could do this. The first time disconnection happened I received a call back to try again and the second time I received no call back. I tried to call the number back and could not connect. I went ahead and paid the bill but am now considering dropping Verizon Wireless because this ordeal has been nothing short of a hassle. I believe 158.00+ a month is too much to pay to be dissatisfied.

1. 180.00 to cancel this service or 1264.00+ dollars to hold out until the next update to see if a better phone would give less issues – currently the 180.00 is looking better. If this issue is not resolved soon I plan on paying up now to save and prevent headache later.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere Nightmare
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Were the store locations all corporate stores or third party retailers? If it was a retailer, that might explain why they couldn't see the notes on the account.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere Nightmare
setsunakutemo

They were corporate stores, yes.

0 Likes