Stratosphere - Most games run slowly
elihanover

No game will run smoothly on my phone.  Angry Birds, Words with Friends...they all have significant lag, and I don't know what to do.  I've tried factory resets, minimizing the amount of apps I have, and nothing seems to help.  Anybody know what to do?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: Stratosphere - Most games run slowly
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

It could just be the phone, the stratosphere is not the best phone out there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@elihanover,
Device lag while playing games can be very frustrating!  I would love to help!  Please tell me the available space for External SD card and Internal phone storage http://bit.ly/V2uHEC.  Is this happening with all applications on your device?  Lastly, have you installed any type of antivirus, data or battery saver applications?  If so, please uninstall http://bit.ly/R6lhXm and retest.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Statosphere only has a 1 GHz single core CPU and 512 MB of RAM so yes it will run games slowly.

0 Likes
elihanover

Thanks, Anthony.

I am running McAfee antivirus.  My available memory is 2.84GB and 1.31GB on the SD card and internal memory, respectively.  I uninstalled the McAfee program, and everything is running better now.  Is there a way I can keep my phone protected from viruses, etc. without slowing it down?

0 Likes
Not applicable

elihanover wrote:

Thanks, Anthony.

I am running McAfee antivirus.  My available memory is 2.84GB and 1.31GB on the SD card and internal memory, respectively.  I uninstalled the McAfee program, and everything is running better now.  Is there a way I can keep my phone protected from viruses, etc. without slowing it down?

The amount of storage wouldn't have been the issue. The amount of RAM that program was using would be.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

If you stick to the Play Store, you probably don't need to worry about viruses, but if you want that extra protection, I've never had an issue with lookout.

0 Likes
IAmWhatIAm
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you can trade it in try one of the faster, dual core, phones such as the Galaxy Note 2 and S 3. I believe the new DNA also has a faster CPU. More Ram will help also.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I have a Lucid which is guess is "low-end" now since you can get it for free. It has dual core 1.2 GHz CPU and 1 GB ram. Even that would be an improvement.

0 Likes