Re: Sony Xperia Z on Verizon
minkybut

PLEASE VERIZON get this phone, or at least something like it. I need a smartphone with a nice big screen that will take my Riverkeeper duties.

0 Likes
m91_30

wow, how can so many people all be the same way. people, try READING the information at hand, sony has formed an EXCLUSIVE relationship with t mobile on this phone, so verizon doesn't even have a chance at getting it. like so many other phones on the market, this will be a one carrier phone, just like all the droid phones on verizon.

0 Likes
sk8rat
Enthusiast - Level 3

And at&t got the xperia z ultra. Leaving Verizon with the usual, you guessed it, worst phone selection.

0 Likes
ipconfig
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been with Verizon exclusively for 18 years, never had a phone on another carrier- I simply REFUSED regardless of their deals and offerings.  I must say this is the first time i'm considering leaving Verizon, and willing to receive poorer coverage just to get the Xperia Z.  I've been researching this phone for a long time and remained optimistic it would be on Verizon like other flaship phones (Galaxy, Bionic etc), but when I heard T-Mobile, all I could think was, at least it wasnt Sprint because there is a good chance I will be a customer of theirs.

It would be a good move for Verizon to get the Xperia Z and even a better move for Sony to have it on Verizon.  Because face it, Verizon is the best service and they market their Droids better than ANY carrier.

Verizon please dont make me move 4 lines, 2 air cards and hotspot to another carrier.

vzw_dolphin
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you take a look at the dates you will see this post and the original responses took place at the time Sony announced the Xperia Z. T Mobile offered the Xperia Z several months later.

0 Likes
vzw_dolphin
Enthusiast - Level 2

ipconfig - you might be interested in keeping an eye on the latest version of the Xperia Z, "Honami", which is now going by the name Xperia Z1 or i1, that should be announced the first week in September at IFA in Berlin ( http://b2b.ifa-berlin.com/en/ ).

I was not persuaded by the current Xperia Z primarily because of the screen. Although not a bad screen, the viewing angles for me were not as good as what I want in a phone that I expect to have for the next year and a half to two years. I still have some concerns regarding the sound quality too, although I did not test this. I hope this next version addresses both of these areas. It sounds like there is a new screen so I am crossing my fingers. I am a fan of the better IPS LCD screens over the AMOLED screens. I expect the LG G2 to have as good a screen as is currently available. I hope Sony can offer the same quality screen. By the way the new version is likely to have an improved water resistance/proof rating, like 5ft under water for an hour vs 3 ft under water for 30 min.

http://www.slashgear.com/sony-xperia-i1-honami-specifications-leaked-in-full-21294440/

http://www.androidauthority.com/tag/sony-honami/

http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/123007-sony-honami-real-name-and-press-shot-leaks-might-go-by-xperia...

0 Likes
ipconfig
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the info vzw_dolphin!  I have a really good feeling about Verizon offering some "variation" of the Xperia.  I really like the Honami (Z1,i1) specifications, although they are subject to change.  I will patiently wait and see, if no news surfaces that the Xperia will hit Verizon by 2nd-3rd quarter of 2014, bye bye Verizon.  The LG G2 will be here soon, and although it's an awesome phone, the Xperia takes the cake! Even better would be the Xperia with the G2 bezel size.

0 Likes
lindamcd
Contributor - Level 1

I'm ready to preorder! C'mon Verizon! I am a photographer that uses the 24mp full frame Sony Alpha 850 and this would be just SO perfect! Laptop...Sony. I NEED this phabulous phablet!  

KeyWestReactor
Contributor - Level 1

Interesting to go throwback and read this discussion from a couple of years ago, while we're now in the middle of a major discussion about whether Verizon will be putting out the z4v (as they promised).  What is it about Verizon and Sony?  Must they ALWAYS disappoint their customers looking for these quality phones? Sigh.......

0 Likes