Someone is reading my texts/blackmailing me/forwarded my information.
SomeoneConfused

The other day, a random person added my friend and I on Facebook. We both denied her. The profile then proceeded to send her texts of things I had said via text messages and the app "Kik"

There is NO possible way anyone could have seen these and except me and the other person. The screen shots were of the other persons point of view to some extent, except it had my text message background image. Its as if my texts got forwarded to them as well as the person I was talking to.

They have obviously been monitoring my texts for a few weeks.

I know 100% sure the person i send the texts has not forwarded them or shown them to anyone. That person lives in another state and doesn't even know my friend that was added on Facebook.

I checked my phone for spyware, etc, but i know it'll be hidden.

However from the second i got my phone (Samsung Galaxy s5) I put a pass code on it.I am very private and no one touches my phone but me, not even for a second. There's no way someone could ever get into my phone to install anything like that. no one knows my passcode, and even if they did, i am only around like 3 people usually, and one of them is the one that got friend requested on facebook.

This is terrifying me. They will repeat and show exact messages i sent out, and its like their black mailing me. I do not want to get the police involved because for one, i think its a fake profile doing it but obviously someone that knows me. And two, i don't want them leaking that information out.

How are they doing this? Can you hack someones phone remotely without installing any sort of spyware?

They assured my friend that the screen shots were "100% legit" and that she had "ways of doing this sort of thing."

Please help me!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Someone is reading my texts/blackmailing me/forwarded my information.
AZSALUKI
Legend

you need to report it (the bogus profile) to facebook as well.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi SomeoneConfused,

Oh my! We take device security seriously. It saddens me to hear that someone is invading your device privacy. I would recommend a hard reset be performed on your device, this would wipe all applications from the device. What device do you have?  I would also recommend to reset your MyVZW password as well just in case the user is viewing the messages online http://bit.ly/xB4iTc .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

you need to report it (the bogus profile) to facebook as well.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

In your first sentence, you said you use KIK Messenger - a quick google search turned up several articles on how to hack a KIK account, and one in particular caught my eye - the write up says: 

KIK Hacker is a relatively new and 100% genuine tool targeted for conducting surveillance on smart phones with KIK Messenger installed.

It’s the first surveillance/spy software that does not require any 3rd party software on be installed on the smart phone. In fact you just need the phone number, and you can monitor incoming and outgoing traffic via KIK Messenger.

If your phone number is on your Facebook profile, or otherwise available to someone who knows you use KIK, that is a possible way this is happening.

Solutions:
Stop using KIK

Change your phone number

0 Likes
SomeoneConfused

Hi everyone, thank you for the replies.

To Verizon Customer Support, I have reset the device using the factory reset device. However, I am a little concerned at how they got this in the first place and I had no idea they were watching my phone. Obviously they did it remotely somehow. There are apps in the google play store in which you can remotely control your own phone from afar and forward your sms messages to another phone in case your phone dies etc. But can someone possibly download an app like that, and put in their number as mine and have that numbers text be forwarded to their phone/number? This person has actual SCREEN SHOTS so it isn't just the text, but they're seeing the entire screen too. It bothers me that i do not know if there is still activity on the phone. I called Verizon earlier and they said there wasn't much they can do, but it seems like they'd be able to tell me if they were a signal picking up on my SMS messages.

I will definitely report the facebook too. I kind of don't want to though, in case something more serious occurs and the police have to get involved somehow. I will like the facebook to be up in case they need to find an IP.

SuzyQ, I had no idea Kik could be hacked like that! So they can also access your sms messages from kik too? I thought maybe they had just hacked my kik messages but they had my sms information also. It seems they can see whatever i do. They will repeat sentences that i spoke to my friends about earlier.

My phone number isnt public on my profile and i don't talk to anyone from Kik that i know personally, so it seems like it'd be someone that knows my personal number

. I am going to try changing my number but i still want to get to the bottom of this.

0 Likes