Smartphone D.L.
B33
Legend

I seen this and thought wow your D.L. on your Cellphone through an App.!  I posted this here in the Android section but the original place and Link I see this at says that it's going to be possibly available on Android and iPhone, so both platforms will get to use it which is really nice to see..

The Starting place for this Idea from what I seen and read was from the State of Iowa.. Hopefully this makes great headway's and all States get to use this and having your D.L. could be as close as your phone in your back pocket or Purse..

Iowa to create digital driver's license app for your phone | Android Central

Labels (1)
Re: Smartphone D.L.
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I'm not really sold on this for many reasons, privacy and security would be my two main concerns. I would also want to consider areas of little or no signal and device failing.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

That subject line could have been worded better. When I first saw "D.L." , I didn't immediately think "driver's license". In fact I have never seen it worded as such before in my life. Very misrepresentive.

I like how some places are thinking about using digital IDs. Even if it is only for proof of concept for now and not into the practical applications as of yet.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Re: Smartphone D.L.
B33
Legend

Well if was to were sharing info on here was ok  I'd show you my Drivers License which clearly has D.L. on it.. I don't know about your State every states is Different.. how they set them up...

And  (( Misrepresentive ))  here's the Correct spelling  misrepresentative. I Google checked it..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Then provide the sample from the DMV website. It wasn't that hard to find. Looks like you have an old design if this link is any indication. http://watchdog.org/59355/ks-state-revamps-drivers-license-security-but-says-old-design-is-still-sec...

So? Not everyone is a spelling guru.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

G.C. just to pass on the Differences of how the D.L. has evolved over time my mom has one from the 60's no picture, no Laminate cover just her Name, Address, D.L, No.. and Date of birth on a Green card.. plain and simple a very neat keep sake.

B33
Legend

I'm not revealing my Card..  what you see is the new card I'm still on a older version.. sorry.!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

B33 wrote:

I'm not revealing my Card..  what you see is the new card I'm still on a older version.. sorry.!

Was I asking you to post your driver's license? NO!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Later.! off to watch some Football...

0 Likes
Not applicable

This sort of drivers license as well as digital insurance cards are not allowed in NY.

When I first was licensed to drive it was a little white/blue paper. One half was convictions stub. No photos no thumb prints etc.

Over the years DMV went to a nice photo license in color. These were also laminate. Then a few years ago they went to photos on a ugly black and white laminate with a chip. I still have a few years before renewal and those ugly ones.

Hey they may change to another form by then.

Our license plates have chips and holograms which the police can scan in seconds. Technology is grand!

0 Likes