Re: Slow charging on ZenFone V Live
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

It also happens sometimes in my car, with cable from Verizon and a third party adapter, although never this bad.y.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the confirmation, JOSZEF30. We can go ahead and check to see if your device is still  under warranty, and if it is we can replace it free of charge. As long as there is no physical or liquid damage to the device, this process would be possible. Would this be an option for you?

AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Only as a last resort.  More often than not it charges correctly, although sometimes it tiakes some fussing with it to get it to charge at the proper rate.

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

I finally found the issue after it became almost impossible to charge it: both the charging cable that came with it and the one I'd bought in a Verizon store were going bad and needed replacing.  I should have remembered something an old friend, Dr. Pournelle, said: Always suspect the cables.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Joszef30 thank you so very much for the update. We are happy to learn you figured it out. Is there anything else we can assist you with? Did you test it? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
JOSZEF30
Contributor - Level 1

Of course I tested it; how else would I know it works?  I still have to have the plug in Just Right, and it sometimes stops charging for no apparent reason, but with a little care I can get it fully charged at home, and sometimes get it to charge in the car.

0 Likes