Re: Skype For Verizon App - Android.
Chris3035

So they intentionally sold me a phone with this preloaded feature that they used as a selling point then discontinued it?

And to the other guy, I actually dont have the space on my phone, the app requires google play services on top of just google play and its huge.

Correct me if im wrong but if you bought a car with a radio you couldnt remove and was one of the main reasons you bought your car and the radio stopped working because the dealership just discontinued that model shortly after they sold it to you  would you want to put a second radio in your car taking up even more space on your dash....i think not....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

What phone do you have again?  Last phone I had was a Razr Maxx on Jelly Bean and even it got an update that actually removed the Vzw version of Skype.  I was sold an LG G2 with VU Talk and then I got an update that removed it.  It was a nice feature to have, being able to talk and draw on the screen like a tablet while speaking to another VU Talk user and sharing screens.  I also had other nice features in Android like native call blocking that was removed after an OS update.   So, I mean, things change and developers stop supporting apps.  Look at Samsung's ChatOn service.  It's defunct now, but still on people's phones, unless it can be removed.

0 Likes
Chris3035

My phone is the Casio Commando 3g and have had the phone about a year and a half maybe less and i love it, if they did not have a contract to keep the apps updated and running then i should be able to delete it, i bought this phone for the features it had including the skype mobile,nfl apps vz services and more and if they can not keep these apps running maybe they should reimburse the money i paid or give me another phone of equal value.

0 Likes
Chris3035

I just spoke with tech support and they said the skype mobile app has not been discontinued and that it just needs to be updated, however since its not in the google store she couldn't tell me how to do it.....

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Perhaps you can update it via settings within the app.

0 Likes