Since Lollipop update, email doesn't notify (with blue light) nor priority setting work. Samsung Galaxy S4.
Pinehaven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Received the Lollipop update a couple of days ago. Samsung Galaxy S4. E-mail is now buggy. I don't  (usually) get the blue light notifying me of received mail. Every now and then it DOES blink. My priority sender list also doesn't notify and doesn't play the specially selected tune to let me know of the high priority mail. The only way I know if I have mail is to access the home screen. Also, the "Inbox" still shows "1" message when the folder has been completely read and cleared.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Since Lollipop update, email doesn't notify (with blue light) nor priority setting work. Samsung Galaxy S4.
Pinehaven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wipe email clean and start anew. You'll have to enter your email address and password, etc. just like you did when the phone was new. Here's how to do that:

Settings/More/Application manager

Slide top tabs to the far right and select "All"

Scroll down to Email

Click "Clear Cache" at bottom

That will wipe the program clean and allow you to restart it.

Go back to the normal phone screen and select Email and setup your account/s again.

After I did that, everything  started working fine again.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Since Lollipop update, email doesn't notify (with blue light) nor priority setting work. Samsung Galaxy S4.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Pinehaven lets get that email working for you! Are you using the default email app that came on the phone or one you downloaded from the play store? What email client are you using? Have you tried to delete and re-add the email account on your phone? http://spr.ly/65827VPQ
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
Pinehaven
Enthusiast - Level 2

I reloaded the email program that came with the phone, re-entered my account information, and that solved the problem.

0 Likes
bagogirl
Enthusiast - Level 3

What do you mean by reloaded the email program? I am having the same trouble.

Thanks

0 Likes
Pinehaven
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wipe email clean and start anew. You'll have to enter your email address and password, etc. just like you did when the phone was new. Here's how to do that:

Settings/More/Application manager

Slide top tabs to the far right and select "All"

Scroll down to Email

Click "Clear Cache" at bottom

That will wipe the program clean and allow you to restart it.

Go back to the normal phone screen and select Email and setup your account/s again.

After I did that, everything  started working fine again.

0 Likes
MarkMarino

I have the same problem. I've cleared the account on the stock email program twice and still am not notified when email arrives.

0 Likes
MarkMarino

I have followed the above steps again and the email notification feature now works-- sometimes; off and on. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason.

0 Likes
Pinehaven
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had no further trouble after taking the steps I noted above.

0 Likes