Security lock bypass
wikidjunglist

Something came to my attention yesterday about the lock screen security issues yall have in regards to unlocking the phone without the pattern. I have found that if anyone knows your email address and your PW, they can bypass the lock. Now for all these people out here who dont have leet passwords, not only will their email get hacked but also a chance to gain access to their phone. Had I known now what I didn't know yesterday, I would have locked my SIM to prevent this from happening. So just trying point that out. Yall might want to beef up the security like everyone else and use primary and secondary questions that only the USER will know, instead of the email and password. Kinda makes me wanna switch to iphone now. And I am not certain if this is just a localized issue per my Lucid 2 or if its for all devices that have android based OS. Yall might wanna check on that.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Security lock bypass
Not applicable

That is a good reminder for people to be aware of. However the odds of someone actively knowing a persons gmail account and password to recover a locked android device is not that great a threat. In the attempt Google sends notification to the gmail account holder via text message or call or alternate email. I know its not really easy since I have a dumb friend who forgets his pass code constantly.

I only use a strong pass code to unlock my device. Now I also use the finger unlock on my iPhone 5s so its good to use something that is secure yet easy to use and understand.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Re: Security lock bypass
wikidjunglist

I just decided to lock my SIM card and turn my phone off when I am not using it. Seems to solve the firmware issue I am having also, but that's a whole other topic of conversation, and a huge one.

0 Likes