Re: Security and Privacy: This network has been compromised
Schayota
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also started having this issue tonight. My Note 8 received an update, yesterday, but this issue started about an hour ago, on my home network, and I haven’t left my house in the last 5 days. I managed to initiate a Chat with Support and I didn’t get anywhere. At first, they tried to tell me it was my Internet provider, but I kept referring them to this forum. When I told them I had a screenshot of the issue, they initially admitted the issue was on their end. They said it was being worked on and there was no estimated date/time for a fix to be provided. When I told them this wasn’t acceptable, since this message constantly interferes with my ability to use my phone, they politely told me that I wasn’t the only person with this issue. Then, they tried to blame it on an Android update, insinuating that it wasn’t Verizon’s problem. I know this isn’t true at all. I selected to have the Chat transcript Emailed to me and they suddenly acted as though they had lost contact with me and I was cut off. Naturally, I didn’t get the transcript. No surprise. I did more digging and found the Security App on my phone. When I went into the App’s Support feature, and clicked on the link, I think I found out why we’re all having this issue. It looks like they are in the process of discontinuing this App, and replacing it with a new one called Digital Secure. My uneducated guess is that they pushed out the update before this feature had been completed. I think their code is conflicting with an App that no longer supposed to exist. Until they finish this new App, and activate it, we will be dealing with their blunder. I’ve been a Verizon customer since 2003 and I am totally disappointed with how this entire situation is being handled. I know things can go wrong in the technical world, but you need to own your mistakes instead of trying to cover them up. 

RaccoonDeb

Updated yesterday and Nike gave the same problem. Our network is secured. 

0 Likes
Sumgirl2826
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started having this problem tonight. Scared me so I shut off my router. Ugh! 

PennyJJ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I keep getting the same message also. It started about an hour ago. 

Sumgirl2826
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started having this happen tonight. Terrible issue. Frightening to think your wifi is under attack! Turned off my router. Is this a Verizon issue? Sounds like it is.

Wltedflwr
Enthusiast - Level 1

Started happening for me a few hours ago. At first I thought it was my work network being funny because it is an unsecured guest network but then it happened at home too. Definitely seems to be related to “Digital Secure” replacing “Safety and Privacy”. For now I’ve gone into the settings of Digital Secure and turned off the WiFi monitoring. I hope they fix this soon.

dsarah3
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is not the correct answer, I have not been able to get this annoying pop-up to stop popping up every few seconds. It started today. I need to get this to stop. Please provide a clear solution, thank you.

zephyr74
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ironically, my last system update was August 23rd...NOT Sept 4th, but I just started getting these exact pop ups 2 hours ago on my S8+.  

Dynagirl
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just started getting this notice tonight. My network is extremely secure, so I don't know why this is coming up and, aside from an update from Verizon, nothing has changed.

BadWolfBae
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same I just started getting this tonight as well on my password protected wifi. Never have had this before. Think they are trying to get more money out of us by forcing us to upgrade. I believe you can stop these popups by going into your app management and disabling the security app from Verizon.