Samsung User Guide is available in every language except English.
JOHHOC41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Why is the SAMSUNG Use Guide for the phone: SAMSUNG-SM-J727V  NOT available in English,

and how do I make it available in English ?  Thank you !

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung User Guide is available in every language except English.
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the user guide available under Settings > Help, or somewhere else?

An online guide is available here:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/UserGuides/samsun-galaxy-j7-v-ug.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you referring to the user guide available under Settings > Help, or somewhere else?

An online guide is available here:

https://ss7.vzw.com/is/content/VerizonWireless/Devices/Samsung/UserGuides/samsun-galaxy-j7-v-ug.pdf

0 Likes
StacyC35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes the user guide under settings on any Samsung phone that I know of the manual is not available in English.  I understand there is one available online, but shouldn't the one on your phone work also.  Samsung is NO help what so ever, was hoping someone here would be.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Terrible Samsung is no help, but it seems like it's a Samsung problem, not a Verizon one.

Anyway, so since the manual is available online, why not download it to the phone, and use one of the built-in apps to read it when you want to reference it?

This may not be as convenient as a "built-in" help app, but it should suffice as you master your device.

0 Likes
StacyC35
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes it would be convenient for me, but I was trying to help my elderly father with his phone and was trying to show him where the user guide was.  I am also planning on emailing Samsung as I don't feel that I should have to download a user guide when it should be available on my phone.

JOHHOC41
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for your help. I have downloaded the User Guide that you gave a link for. Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year !

stef7
Master - Level 2

I would think they'd have a website where the file used by a "Help" application that comes with the device was translated in multiple languages.

If your dad is new to Android, yeah, there's a bit of a learning curve. A LOT of what is in the manual is probably of no real use to him anyway. But who knows.

Try to find a contact to get to their Engineering group. You're likely being handled by their customer support people, and they might not have all the information that is actually available.

I think you have the makings of a good recommendation. It should be the expectation that in every country a manufacturer sells a device, help is available in the native language where practical.

0 Likes
StacyC35
Enthusiast - Level 2

One would think so, but the only language it is NOT available in is English.  That makes no sense to me at all.  I have sent the email off to Samsung but nothing yet.

Thank you for your help with the link.

0 Likes