Samsung Stratosphere help
maslazak

I do not think I ever received the update, because I still have the bloatware installed like the Blockbuster app. Also, when I connect to my PC to try and use the update assistant, it says "Your devices current firmware version is not supported to update firmware"? When I go to system status in the actual phone it says its all up to date also..

Hardware version

I405.05

Firmware version

Kernel Version

Someone help please

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere help
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

No worries maslazak!  I am here to help.  Please tell me the Baseband version and Build number of your device http://vz.to/12v6MlY.  Keep in mind, the removal of the preloaded Blockbuster application would only be seen on new activation devices or if the device is factory reset.  Let me know so I can further assist.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
maslazak

Baseband version:

I405.05 V.GC1
SCH-I405.GC1

Build Number:

SCH-I405.GC1

0 Likes
rezoe
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the exact same issue - I have one more year to go before I can upgrade - and have been totally disappointed with the performance of this phone. I plug my phone using the USB cable and receive the error on my phone - Process.com.android.settings stopped unexpectedly. Try again. When I ope the Verizon updater - to try to update my phone - I connect the phone using the USB cable and receive an error within the Verizon updater "Your devices current firmware version is not supported to update firmware.

I would like to think that Verizon would continue to support phones that I only purchased 1 year ago (Brand new) when I signed a 2 year contract.

This phone has been nothing but problems for me and my daughter - we purchased both phones at the same time. Prior to her phone being 6 months old - she had Verizon send her refurbished phone due to freezing and shutting off without cause. I was sent a new battery because my phone would shut off with out cause - both items were sent at the same time.

Now we are experiencing the same issues - and we have to tolerate it for another year. I am sooo disatisfied with this phone. I'm hoping you can at least help so I can properly sync my phone. 

I would also like to note - that the first message in this string never received a response to the problem.

Hardware version

I405.05

Firmware version

Kernel Version

2.6.35.7-1166103

se.infra@SEP-49 #2

Baseband version:

I405.05 V.GC1
SCH-I405.GC1

Build Number:

SCH-I405.GC1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm super sorry to hear about all of the problems you've experienced with both of your devices. I want to ensure that we get this resolved ASAP. Please follow me and send me a private message. If you include a contact number, I will reach out to you and find a resolution

Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
elnesio

I am also unable to update via Verizon updater with the same "firmware not supported" error message.  My data keeps dropping.  I have seen multiple posts from users of this phone on the forum stating the same issue with completely losing all 4G data connectivity intermittently.  Is there a solution to this?  Please help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry that you're also having this problem elnesio. Let's figure this out. How long have you had your device? When did the problems start? It would be easiest to start with removing SIM card & powering off for 30 seconds, http://vz.to/1dWjLB0 , then restart. When back on main screen, clear memory, http://vz.to/ZuhulZ , and see if issue corrects. If not, you will need to try a Hard Reset, http://vz.to/YWcpkj , and should be corrected.

Please keep us posted.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
elnesio

I have done all that was suggested, still no difference.  The phone is about a year old, the issues started when the last update happened in March of this year.

0 Likes
Bkahl

I am having problems with mine also it turns on then a screen says process system not responding and my 4g doesn't even come up and it turns on it only stays on for about 10-15 seconds then shuts off. Please help me

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Elnesio,

I'm sorry to hear that the steps provided have not helped resolve this concern. Since all necessary troubleshooting steps have been taken including the Hard Reset, we may need to look into replacing the device. First, we need to confirm that the device is covered under the warranty.

Please accept our follow and send us a Direct Message for further assistance.

Efrain_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes