Samsung Stratosphere cuts off conversation around 15 minutes?
pricebroadst

In all my phone calls, my Samsung Stratosphere cuts out my voice between 15 and 20 minutes.  Between 15 minutes and 20 minutes, I can hear the caller but the caller can no longer hear me.  It seems that it always does this if I talk more than 15 minutes.  Because this is my only phone, I would appreciate any help from a Verizon Representative.  Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Samsung Stratosphere cuts off conversation around 15 minutes?
godchild14

I'm having the same problems with mines.  This is the third phone I've gotten and it is still messing up.  It also will switch from the regular phone to the speaker phone without warning.  It is very frustrating because this is my only phone and contact with my family.  I don't know if you are having problems with the keypad as well.  For instance, if I call my bank or voice mail and have to put a number in it tells me it's the wrong number.  It's upsetting to say the least

0 Likes
pricebroadst

Wow, we have very similar problems.  When I call the bank of even putting in pw for voicemail, I have lots of trouble with the screen going black.  Many times I have had to literally call back.  But this cutting me off from family and friends is my worst.  Am hopeful a Verizon Rep will have a suggestion for both of us.

0 Likes
LSM1

I have been a happy verizon customer for many years, how quickly my opinion changed after dealing with your same issue. I had to have a "smart phone", my sons have iphone with AT&T, so I wanted one. So in Dec 2011, I received an offer to "upgrade" and was recommended the samsung stratosphere by verizon phone sales person. From day one I had phone problems, suddenly I can hear the person I am talking to, but they can't hear me. I am on my second phone, everyone at verizon thinks that if you pull the battery out and put it back, it will be fine, Not. After so many complaints, I was called by verizion to ask why I gave them a "4" rating, I should have told them because my finger missed the "2". While on the phone with verizon my phone cut them off, I could hear them but they could not hear me. They tell me there is a "ticket" on this problem and they are working to fix it. I think my 2 year contract may be up before they get it fixed.

I have decided to call tech support every time I have this problem, so yesterday it happened 4 times out of 6 calls, tech support told me they are working on the problem, and my ticket has been moved to a higher level, what every that means. The tech told me, when I loose a call to hang up and " #  3 times, send" and this will flag the call for service tech. I wanted to ask what size hammer do you recommend me pound  the phone with.

Since yesterday verizon has been reduced to "0" on recommendation. I now give a disclaimer at the beginning of a conversation on my phone, "if I loose you, on this call, I have not hung up on you, it is verizon's service that I do not recommend".

0 Likes
pricebroadst

Thank you soooo much for your action and your comments. I had almost given

up on there ever being a fix for this. I am a Verizon customer, but I

bought this horrible phone from a company connected with Radio Shack. That

was my first mistake. It was free. That was my second mistake. I was

always taught that you get what you pay for. UGH. Third mistake was

calling Samsung who could not have been ruder and of no help whatsoever.

Last, although I am a Verizon customer, I am on a family plan and not the

primary account so Verizon does not care about me.

Thank you so much for all you have done. I wish I could do more to help

you. Please let me know if, by some miracle, they find a fix.

0 Likes
Eltigro
Enthusiast - Level 3

I bought 3 Stratospheres for my family and this problem has happened to all of them. Mine is definitely the worse. My mic cuts out after only a couple of minutes. It stopped happening for about a 3 week period but now it has returned and happens on an average of every third call.  I also have a coworker that has the same phone and experiences this but his happens less frequent.  VERY VERY FRUSTRATING!!!

0 Likes
carolina_girl

I am having the same problem and its re-occurring more and more. I went to the Verizon store and the salesman tells me that it is the first time he had heard of these issues. I referred him to the website. I got mine through Best Buy and it was free. I took at back to Best Buy and they blamed it on the 4G option and turned it off but it still continues to happen. I am a long time customer of Verizon and I like Samsung products and this is the first time I have been very disappointed in a Samsung product. This is getting very old and very frustrating.

0 Likes