Samsung Note 3 camera not working correctly
Gloria1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ever since I got my Note 3 in October 2013, I have had a problem with the flash on the phone's camera.  If I set the flash to trigger for each photo, then when I press the "shutter button", the flash immediately flashes.  Then 5 seconds or so later the picture is taken in the dark.  It turns out VERY dark.  If I set the flash to NOT flash, the same picture will come out considerably lighter, but definitely not as light as it would with a flash.  If I set the flash on "Auto", it will almost never flash, but on the rare occasion that it does it will flash first, and then 5 seconds later the picture will be taken.  I posted this on a different message board and the other posters suggested that it may be a problem with the camera app.  They suggested I download a different camera app to see if that fixed the problem.  I downloaded 2 different camera apps, and both of them work exactly the same as the originally installed camera app.  So it's not the app, it's the phone.  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Samsung Note 3 camera not working correctly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gloria1, thanks for reaching out to us today.

Let's get to work on getting the camera flash to work. I would suggest that we go into the settings, application manager, slide to the screen to the left to the ALL section. Once you are in that section scroll to the Camera Application. Once you open that up tap on Force Close, Clear Data, and clear cache. This will still keep all of your photos in the device. Once you have done that head back to the home screen, power the device off all the way. Leave the device off for 5 seconds and power it back on. Once it is back up and running please try the camera again. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Gloria1, thanks for reaching out to us today.

Let's get to work on getting the camera flash to work. I would suggest that we go into the settings, application manager, slide to the screen to the left to the ALL section. Once you are in that section scroll to the Camera Application. Once you open that up tap on Force Close, Clear Data, and clear cache. This will still keep all of your photos in the device. Once you have done that head back to the home screen, power the device off all the way. Leave the device off for 5 seconds and power it back on. Once it is back up and running please try the camera again. Keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Tazman4u
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also have a Note 3 that is only a few months old and the Camera continues to not function correctly.

* Flash will randomly turn off and I will need to restart my device to get it working again.

* Pictures taken with camera are slow and very often out of focus.

0 Likes
g6girlnj
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried this and it worked.   Glad to know my flash wasn't damaged but that it was just a software glitch

0 Likes
Papatomkat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes ! Thanks for the quick fix. most appreciated.

0 Likes