Samsung J3 V 3rd Gen, Incoming calls can't hear each other
LOTTAVIANO
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a Samsung J3 V 3rd Gen three months ago, and about 60% of the time, when I get an incoming call, I can answer the call but there is silence.  The caller only hears the ringing stop, but cannot hear me, and I cannot hear them.  No matter how many times they call back there is no change. And if I call them, we can't hear each other either.  If I restart my phone, that sometimes (usually?) fixes it.  I have gone through the online troubleshooter with no success.  Seems like such a basic function...for a *phone*, I am surprised to have this issue.  (My daughter has the same phone, and this was happening to her also, but she got a replacement last week due to other issues, so I'm not sure if this is still happening to her.)  Any thoughts?

Labels (1)
Re: Samsung J3 V 3rd Gen, Incoming calls can't hear each other
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LOTTAVIANO

We want to keep you connected to all of your friends and family when receiving incoming calls. Does your phone have any physical or liquid damage? Did you recently update the software on your Samsung device or download a new application to it? Does this issue happen on certain incoming calls or all phone calls? 

Lasina_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LOTTAVIANO
Enthusiast - Level 2

No physical or liquid damage.  Works great except for calls.  Did not update software or applications.  It has been doing this off and on since the day I got the phone 3 months ago.  It happens on calls from various incoming callers (not just one), but not all the time.

marci41527
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same issue.  They replaced the sim card and had me do a factory reset.  It didn't help at all.  So they replaced the phone.  Haven't had this one a week and doing the same thing

Tlyna52
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have had the same problem. I could text but not get voice. They changed the sim card and then I could do nothing. It said I had no service. They ordered me a new phone and I just got it a few minutes ago but it says I need a Sim Card to activate it. There is one in it but it isn't being read and it is too late to get help at the store as they are closed. I may need to go back to my S3 Mini, it never failed me.

shawntej_vzw
Verizon Employee

Tlyna52,

There's nothing more important that for you to be able to make and receive calls, so it's a must that we get your phone up and running as soon as possible. You mentioned that you just received the replacement and it's not recognizing the SIM card. Are you using the SIM card that was used in the previous phone? Have you tried removing and reinserting the SIM card Remove SIM Card - Samsung Galaxy J3 V / Galaxy J3 (3rd Gen.) | Verizon Wireless . Are you able to try the SIM card in a different phone to make sure the card is not defective?

ShawnteJ_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

LEEFOS21
Enthusiast - Level 1

The Samsung is shaky at best.  Verizon stores deny there is a problem. Yet one employee complained, " I hate it, when people come in here with this."

Here are two problems that members of our family keep experiencing.

Here are two problems that members of our family keep experienceing.

1. MISSED CALLS:

This occurs due to the failing J3s neither  ring nor do they vibrate.  The only means found so far, to restore proper operation,  is to REBOOT THE PHONES. afterwards, they work Ok again perhaps for  a week or only an hour or so.

1. MICROPHONE AND SPEAKER:

`         Both transducers go to mute-mode, the very instant the second phone on the call acknowledges the connection. 

1. e.g.

A. Your phone rings,  You see who is calling & swipe screen to answer, Your phone goes silent & the calling party hears that the ringing stops, but hears nothing more.

B. You place a call to a friend.  The ringing stops, when your friend tries to answer.  You hear nothing further, you may repeatedly try to be heard, but your friend hears nothing.

The temporary solution for problems  under # 2, whether  “A” or “B” is again to reboot the device.   This is certainly reminiscent of Mickey-Soft’s  stand-by  “3 FINGER-SALUTE”  to remedy most  their programing glitches!

However,  one  local Verizon Store kicks the can down the road.

Summary:

What Verizon does is unethical; instead of replacing the phones with units, which have been upgraded to correct the matter, Verizon  submits a REPLACEMENT PHONE REQUEST to the CUSTOMER’S INSURANCE  PLAN. 

That does not solve the matter!  The phones are not lost or broken.   The issued J3s were defective. 

Hence,  Verizon drives up the insurance exposure  “coverage cost” to their customers. Unsolved,  the customer is left,  very likely to re-experience the dilemma  with the replacement.

0 Likes
lorenzop_vzw
Verizon Employee

LEEFOS21, I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing several issues with the Galaxy J3 V, and have been unable to get a resolution after visiting a store location. Help is here. In regard to the missed calls, does this occur with all numbers, or a specific number? When did these issues start to occur? Have you made any recent changes to the Galaxy J3 V's on your account?

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DAVHOW63

Same phone, same problem.  Got replacement same phone under warranty - same problem.  When we power off then on the phone is OK for few days, then problem back.  Can "ask google" and get answer so speaker and mic are fine.  Called for support:  Turn off advanced calling: settings:advanced calling.  Problem went away but went to 1x instead of 4G.  Transferred to Verizon level 2 support.  Phone is out of sync with roaming list and hasn't registered with towers.  Technician reloaded phone settings and "forced" something.  Problem appears fixed but will have to follow up in a few days to see if it comes back.

0 Likes
DAVHOW63

This is a follow up reply.  Same phone, same issue.  I have been working with Verizon level 2 support to resolve this issue.  We replaced the phone; same problem.  Replaced the SIM (the phone replacement used the same SIM); same problem.  Level 2 attempted to reset the phone because it wasn't registering with towers properly; same problem.  Usually, after a fix attempt the phone works fine for a few days, then fails.  Each week we travel from west coast of CA to home near Sacramento, going through several dead spots.  Problem reappears reliably after the travel. 

0 Likes