Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop Update Problems
Mudster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have to be fair here, I called support again and am getting a replacement sent to me.  I hope this takes are of it.  No expectations but we will see. 

0 Likes
SmartPHFrustrated
Enthusiast - Level 2

Good luck. Hope it does workout. Refurbished phone replacement I'm sure.

Thanks for the update

Thanks

Jose Da Silva

Shmoey
Enthusiast - Level 2

This isn't fair that my 3 month old S5 is practically useless after this update. I was told to wait for hotfix update to resolve these issues. REALLY?

jenn12345
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anyone else had issues with not receiving text messages after the update? I am on a group text with several people and I sporadically do not receive the texts. My husband is on the same group text and he receives them all.

I also have all of the other issues with battery draining, contacts crashing on a regular basis, screen load times are slow, and the cool down message comes on when the phone doesn't seem hot. All of this still happens AFTER a factory data reset.

Got a pretty good offer going on at Sprint right now for switching. I'm seriously considering it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want you to always have a working device Travisbaz. Have you tried all the trouble-shooting steps previously provided for fixing issues with your device? What specific issues are you having with your device? Please provide some details .  KinquanaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Travisbaz
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I have tried all offered solutions. I still have significant Wi-Fi connection issues and battery drain since lollipop update. I'm being forced to use much of my data plan for connection. I'm so disappointed with this update!!! I'm seriously considering dumping the GS5, which was a great phone at one time unless a fix to the update is offered very soon. Is there one coming? Thanks. Travisbaz. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

Gemini63
Enthusiast - Level 2

I honestly can't believe the responses I see from Verizon, which clearly

hasn't read this thread.

Everyone is having one or more of the same issues:

- battery life significantly shorter than before the update,

- the phone gets hot,

- apps and contacts crash

To name just a few that I've seen here. One poor person even did a factory

reset, to no avail. Maybe this is a way to get us to buy on-the-go charging

packs... I did.

Frankly, I think Verizon should be demanding a hotfix or update from

android/Google who sent out this horrid OS. Apple provided a fix to its new

OS within a couple of weeks of hearing all the issues from people. Verizon

is a HUGE supplier of Android phones... doesn't it have any clout with

either Google or Samsung?

I used to think Samsung phones were the best. Now I'm thinking I should

have gone with the LG3... at least Verizon hasn't pushed the Lollipop

nightmare to those users.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 10:43 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

km123
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't read through everyone's comments, but there are a lot of them.  Here and on any other Android forum.  I don't know if it's Verizon or Samsung or Android, but the end result is my phone is disaster.  The lagging is horrible.  Contacts crashes about 5 times a day, as do other apps.  My battery life is about half of what it was.

Factory reset?  Really?  That's what I should have to do to get my phone back to what it was? With all the pain that "solution" entails. 

Disappointed in Verizon, Samsung and Google on this one.  Really poor execution and delivery. 

sbhnet
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't read all 35 pages, but quite a few.  I've tried a variety of "solutions" from this and other forums. None solve the problems.  I now have to charge my phone twice a day (and it mostly sits on my desk), power off and on daily, make sure I keep my wifi turned off and close all open apps on a regular basis.  I should *not* have to do this just to use my phone.  I can't believe I'm saying this, but I may have to take a step backward and get an iPhone6 next.

stef7
Master - Level 2

Was one of the solutions you tried, a Factory Data Reset?

0 Likes